What's new

light show

jack954

Reaction score
this is g&g rgbw turnkey color bay lighting kit for $8200.00
i am interested but for that price i would need to see it in person. does anyone have or know of a wash that has this that i can visit?

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I would have spent the $8200 on speeding up the wash, over 7 minutes is ridiculous😆 The lights are cool but all the flashing/strobing is too much for me. Maybe that aspect is programmable.

washnshine

Reaction score
I know the lights and strobes are the current trend, but they can be overdone. I think for them to be most effective and catch attention, there has to be ample time in the wash cycle when there are NO lights. IMO - They should alert customers that something extra is being applied and confirm an upgrade. I think the flashing throughout the whole cycle lessens their impact.

jack954

Reaction score
i have seen plenty of tunnels with a lot of LED, but i haven’t found an IBA with anything good. i would really like to visit one with the G&G and one with the spectra. i need to see it in daylight and in the dark, as watching a youtube video just doesn’t cut it for that kind of money. i called G&G about 3 months back but they couldn’t tell me where a wash with these lights was located.

Monte

Reaction score
We have the Bayglow led system in our first wash with pdq 360 plus....and are putting it currently into our second wash. In my opinion, the biggest justification for the price is for drive by traffic attention getter. We have normal primary car wash sign, but then go led in the IBA for attention. Obviously, location... windows..doors...are all a part of this theory working.

jack954

Reaction score
thanks for all the info as i hadn’t heard of the spectray or the bayglow before this

carwashireland

Reaction score
We have a Razor with the lighted arm and on board light package. It is outside so no building and on a bright day you see the lights so it attracts attention but is not very showy in the car. When it's cloudy or at night it is great. We now sell more washes after dark as customers often bring the kids for the experience. I would and them to all my washes in the future.

jasonHTCW

Reaction score
$8200 seems a little high for such space. I have 8 different lights bars in my tunnel, some used and a few new and probably only have around 5k invested. Check out some consignment pages for light bars.

Etowah

soapy

Reaction score
Tss offeres a multi color LED kit that you can setup with programmer that will do much the same thing and last I checked it was around $800.

OurTown

Reaction score
Tss offeres a multi color LED kit that you can setup with programmer that will do much the same thing and last I checked it was around $800.

That G&G kit has a whole bunch of fixtures (I'm not sure how many) in it and I'm betting there's not much difference in price when you compare them side by side.

STXCW

Reaction score
Hopefully the amount of time the lights were on was just for the video, IMO it was a bit much. I was more intrigued with the flash dry in conjunction with stand alone dryer.

jack954

Reaction score
thanks to you guys i have options that i didn’t know about. the difference with g&g compared to others is the programming that you can set up to have different lighting for each different cycle through your wash. that being said, 8200 is too high of a price for that difference

soapy

Reaction score
I pictured using the TSS system to come on after dark and create a light show to get attention for the auto bay. I think it would put out plenty of colored light for that.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Anybody else got IBA LED ideas? I can't find $800 TSS light show on lightbar

eckert16

Reaction score
I'd be concerned about sending someone into a seizure with that amount of flashing lights...