What's new

Letter to Armor All

Etowah

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I know this means that I must have too much time on my hands, but I sent a letter to Armor All (who was owned by Clorox at the time), stating that they could sell a bunch more product if they change the labeling on their bottled vending products (i.e. Tire Foam and 4 oz protectants) If they changed the label so it would clearly state the product name no matter how the product was positioned in my clear glass vending machine it would be great! It's annoying when I see their products showing the back of their label in my machine. I am assuming this is an oversite on their part. I think a couple times a week I need to open my machine to reposition the tire foam and protectant bottles so my customer's know what they are buying. Anyone know a rep. from this company? My letter a few years back obviously fell on deaf ears.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Clorox no long owns the retail division of Armor All. I am sure you could Google it to find out where to send your suggestion.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Good luck. A couple of years ago they started making the sponge pack packages a little too large and they hung up in Lorel Vendors had to be folded - PITA. . Now they are a lot smaller so no issues. Then they made the bottles slightly too large for the Laurel Triple bottle vendor, Then they discontinued the wheel cleaner the triple bottle vendor was designed to vend as a third item. Maybe if they have new owners they will give sdome thought to the car wash retail segment.

Eric H

Reaction score
I noticed a few years ago that Armor All was never at the ICA show. Armor All Pro (the chemical company) is there but they are not owned by the same people. i wonder if AA is just a name that is licensed out to different companies. In any case I would think that the ownership would show more of an interest in our industry.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I was thinking that the sales are substantial enough in our segment that they would have at least one guy assigned to the market. If we could find that guy and let him know with a simple packaging change he (or she) could substantially increase the sales of AA, then they would listen. I actually sent a photo of my vending machine on a day when all four of the bottled vending products were facing the wrong way. I think I sent it too high up in the company, so no response. Sometimes you can't see the forest though the trees.

Randy

Reaction score
Clorox sold the AA/STP Products division to Armored Auto Group on 11/5/2010 which is owned by Avista Capital Partners. Here’s a link to Armored Auto Group web site http://www.armoredautogroup.com/

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I've had the same problem with those two AA products in my Kleen-vend vendor. I found myself constantly opening it up to rotate the can or bottles. What I finally did was get the single column vendor decal for each product, cut out the slightly larger than actual size photo of the product and attached it to the vendor door in front of the respective product. This seems to have helped sales a bit.

bigleo48

Reaction score
They now have it in flat bottles....