What's new

Leds for automatic

Reaction score
LEDs are a good add-on feature if you're looking to keep customers coming back. I've experienced some LEDs at my local wash (Ultimate Auto Wash) and there's always a line. Recommend to anyone looking for a good add-on service.

Bartopp Properties

Reaction score
we did it in a pdq g-5. we used 2 288 watt rgb light bars from tss per bay. there is an old thread here somewhere on it. you need a different controller for each color you want to use. you hook them up to the outputs for the chemical solenoids so they turn colors on depending on the cycle being run at the time. unfortunately nothing is perfect as there is no solenoid for high pressure rinse so no color during that cycle. I still have my electrical schematic around somewhere if you need it.

I can tell you that after 2 years in the bays the led clusters have started to fail and all the heavy rubber wiring feeding it all has dry rotted and cracked. that is on the 288watt rgb lights from tss but I imagine it would be the same wiring for 288 or 144(??) we easily could have used the smaller wattage lights as they are very bright.

now we have green for the first 2 soap cycles and blue for sealants, multi for triple foam and yellow for hot wax and red during drying. they become quite eye catching at night and it is possible to wire them so they flash multi color when the machine is NOT in use for attention.
I have to ask how this is going for you? I bought two light bars to “try”. But have a feeling I need a controller also?

Blanco

Reaction score
These are some premier color changing lights I installed a month ago for my new IBA. Cheap and so far so good. The one light that was not synched was bad. Premier sent me replacement next day.

Attachments

Blanco

Reaction score
I have a IBA that has lights on it synched to its functions. I also have some that don't. IMO everyone remembers you have "cool lights". No one remembers what color the light is when presoak is on.