What's new

LED Chasing Lights for the ShurVend Vendors—Again

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
The design of adding LED chasing rope lights to our vendors to make them “Sore Thumb” attractive, inexpensive (good pricing), yet secure from the “souvenir hunters” has been very challenging. We are now on about Version 4 trying to produce them so all 3 of the above criteria are met. Getting 2 out of 3 wasn’t so hard, but getting all three takes some doing, mainly due to my “gut feeling” that the package was not right and of the quality that I wanted.

Our latest Version uses chasing amber LED rope lights (there are other colors available at an added cost) mounted in weatherproof steel fixtures (2-inches square) on both sides of the cage near the door and secured by bolts and nuts on the inside of the security cage. The fixtures will be powder coated white with the lens being made out of ¼-inch polycarbonate (lexan) for security. Since these LED rope lights have a lifetime of 100,000 hours (10+ years) running 24/7/365, the lights and fixtures are built essentially as a modules; in 10 years you throw them away and buy new ones.

The chasing rope light controller will give the operator a choice of 8 different light sequences and be mounted on top of the vendor inside the security cage. The controller will plug into a standard 120-volt duplex receptacle.

Cont'd

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
That should take care of the “Sore Thumb” attractiveness and the security of the rope lights. The 3rd leg to level the stool is the pricing. We are going to try pricing for this package beginning @ $199.95 as a retrofit on security cage/vendors that are already installed. We are going to offer this light system as an included part of our vendor packages on new purchases. Everything will be installed as the customer wants, so all he/she has to do is plug the package in and choose the lighting sequence that is wanted. The default setting on the controller is one that plays all 8 of the sequences that are available.

My gut tells me this is an acceptable price and the quality is where I would like it to be. Please post if you have any input, as you have in past years, because that is the only way we can get it right. You are the one making the investment to better serve your customers.

Uncle Sam :)

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sam

How bout a link to a video of these so we can have a look-see???

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
Waxman,

When we get the whole system put together for a pix, you will get a video of how it looks.

Uncle Sam :)