What's new

Laurel 3 column vendor problem

coincarwash.ca

Washin cars in the GTA
Reaction score
My vendor had an error code suggesting the money cup was jammed.
I unjammed it and now the vendor does not work

When I power it up I hear one beep and the led does not light up and the coin acceptor blinks a fast green.
I tried to learn a token and it would not hold the programming.

I checked all the wiring and it is fine.
I am thinking it is something on the main board.

Any ideas would be great.
Thanks

MEP001

Reaction score
Which LED doesn't light up? Display? If so, it probably is the board. Try unplugging the coin acceptor and see if the display lights up, just to be sure there isn't an issue with a closed coin signal there causing your problem. I did have the exact same thing happen on one machine, aside for the display not lighting up. I swapped acceptors with another machine and it worked.

ken-pro

Equipment Distributor
Reaction score
Give Chip a call at Laurel Vendors - He should be able to troubleshoot pretty quick over the phone.

coincarwash.ca

Washin cars in the GTA
Reaction score
Which LED doesn't light up? Display? If so, it probably is the board. Try unplugging the coin acceptor and see if the display lights up, just to be sure there isn't an issue with a closed coin signal there causing your problem. I did have the exact same thing happen on one machine, aside for the display not lighting up. I swapped acceptors with another machine and it worked.
It is the display that does not light up. I took out acceptor and hooked up to 24 volts in side the equipment room and same thing
I will try swapping accepters with another machine, but it seems to be the board.
I will also call Laurel today

chip@laurel

Manufacturer
Reaction score
After you power back up press the UP & DOWN buttons (on the circuit board) simultaneously to reset. On the shiny black sheet that covers the circuit board if you look at the top it has 'To Clear Any Malfunctions' press UP & DOWN. Call me if this does not bring it back to life.

bigleo48

Reaction score
Yeah...I had a jam fault once and had to clear it as per Chips' instructions. That fixed it for me.
Big

coincarwash.ca

Washin cars in the GTA
Reaction score
I talked to someone at Laurel, it was not Chip, however he was very helpful.
I had to disconnect power and do a reset using the up and down buttons.
I had tried the reset buttons before but I must have waited too long after powering it up.

Works like a champ again.

Thanks