What's new

Latest crackhead folly

slash007

Reaction score
Got an alert from my alarm company 2 nights ago. Checked the cameras and this is what I found. Didn't think I would have to worry about these things when it's 16 degrees outside, but guess I was wrong. IMG-20200119-WA0003.jpeg

Randy

Reaction score
Did he get in? How much damage did he do? The last time I got broken into it was snowing so hard you could barely see what he was doing.

slash007

Reaction score
No, the sensor finally triggered the alarm and as soon as it sounded he jumped and ran. I was livid that it took so long to sound. He first went to my other unit and added a couple more holes to the casing. It already had 3 crowbar marks from 2 years ago. Then went to this one that had never been touched and put a hole in the bottom and cracked the top left where the key area is. All in the plastic face, but those things are over 1k to replace. 20200119_233608.jpg

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Pros know police don't like to patrol in inclement weather. They're holed up in a 7-11 somewhere drinking coffee, plus they have a perfectly explainable. reason why they have their face covered.

KleanRide

Reaction score
If my alarm ever goes off, I hope the cops respond as quickly as they did for a wash near mine, a few days back. Perp was hacking their changer with a cordless angle grinder and set the alarm off. Cops were there in minutes and nabbed him, but he made pretty good progress on that faceplate. Note to Dewalt, Makita, etc: putting batteries on those tools probably wasn't your best idea.

IMG_6785.jpg

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I also notice that sometimes the worst incidents happen on the coldest day or week of wintertime & here in North Dakota that tends to be way below zero ... especially windchill wise. During snow & ice storms ... police are overwhelmed sometimes by vehicle accidents too.

I like it when they bring a few K9 with them ... just in case the perp is hiding on foot in the area ... it might help the poetic justice process!!!

I am pretty sure most of us have $1K deductibles ... I learned the hard way to not listen to the agent for turning in a claim for just a little over $1K. It definitely did not help me when shopping for new insurance because of a giant renewal rate hike. I found out claims in the last 3 years can affect the insurance quote!!!