What's new

Laserwash low pressure pump help

rhill

Reaction score
We have an issue going on with our low pressure stay rite pump. We have now replaced the pump 3 times in six months. It seems like the impeller keeps getting torn apart. We keep getting our injectors clogged weekly and the small check valve under the low pressure options is clogging as well. We have replaced the unloader and keep our water temp at around 120. Our first pump lasted about 6 years and now we have gone thru 3 new pumps in 6months. We sent one back and they said the warranty was void because of the condition the impeller was in. Anybody had any issues like this?
Thanks
Ryan

whitescout

Banned
Reaction score
I would check to make sure that you do not have any restriction of water to the pump. This can overheat the pump and trash the impellers. The other thing that I would suggest, is putting a Y strainer on the outlet side of the pump to catch any debris.

rhill

Reaction score
The pump is tied directly to our hot water line, not a gravity feed from the tank above. We do have low water pressure at times. That would be the only restriction I could see. Any idea on how much pressure is needed to get proper flow thru the pump? Our water pressure in the building runs between 45-15 psi and has been this way since we opened about 6-7 years ago.

MEP001

Reaction score
You might be having issues during the day where there's no pressure. These pumps don't need pressure on the inlet, but if they're having to pull water and create a vacuum on the inlet the impellers can collapse.