What's new

Laserwash 4000 Arch rotate fail

BoomerSooner

Reaction score
I am ready to pull my hair out on this. I am having issues with a Laserwash 4000 with an Arch Rotate Fail fault. I have replaced the 3 prox switches and control wires that go to them, replaced the festoon cable, done all the good maintenance stuff and still having issues. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have a new I/O cable and lasermind on the way but would rather not have to reprogam everything. Thanks!!

newboy

newbot
Reaction score
did you replace the s/o cable from j/4 to the arch rotate motor?
i doubt that the problem is in the lasermind

ken-pro

Equipment Distributor
Reaction score
I had this happen recently on a customer's Washworld machine - Turned out to be an almost broken 24 volt DC + wire in the junction box above the arch. Vibration would cause the connection to fail and the sensor to kick out when ever the machine stopped in a corner. Could also be the cable to the arch motor. I also doubt it's the Lasermind.

DavidM

Reaction score
Is the arch actually rotating and the inputs aren't being picked up or is the arch not rotating at all?
How often is this happening?

BoomerSooner

Reaction score
I have checked the s/o cord but have not replaced it. I also doubt it is the lasermind, but I also thought that about the festoon. This happens many times a day. I could wash 15 cars and nothing happens and then all of the sudden it will fault. Sometimes it will happen on 3 cars in a row.

BoomerSooner

Reaction score
It just depends, but it could be on the front passenger side of the car or the drivers rear. It is not happening on any particular pass or position. Sometimes it will over rotate, sometimes it will barely move.

Reaction score
PDQ has some "newer" style prox switches that are notoriously failing and that could be the culperate. If they are a different style or brand from what you had in there originally that could be the problem?

Mike

Reaction score
What fault is printing out?

If no fault is printing and the arch is not rotating, it has to be inputs not coming on in the J0, after what you replaced I would be looking at the overhead bearing and swivel, if there is a lot of play the arch cam can move, also if there is a lot of slop in the arch gear box this can cause the cam to move in or out from the sensors usally during hp passes.
(be advised when some persons change the swivel above the cam they some times over tighten (or dont loosen up the overhead bearing set screws) and this can cause the pipe that goes thru the gearbox to pull up and the cam will be sitting above the white plastic on top of the gear box this can also cause issues with proxes.

I assume you are not getting any arch rotate fails faults, if you are it could be a motor - gear box or possable a binding in the overhead pipes - bearing - swivel causing the motor not to turn.

If you want to discuss in more detail please give us a call.

Etowah
Etowah