What's new

Laser 4000 printer? door?

wolfe

PDQ Wolfe
Reaction score
2troubles I am having with my 4000. Printer wont print even though the power light is on to give a fault code. The fault I have is the entrance door will not open when money is put in at pay station. You can manually open and close, the exit door works fine no issue. There is 80 psi to the box both lines are clear. Are these problems related? Anyone have this issue??

dreese

dreese
Reaction score
2troubles I am having with my 4000. Printer wont print even though the power light is on to give a fault code. The fault I have is the entrance door will not open when money is put in at pay station. You can manually open and close, the exit door works fine no issue. There is 80 psi to the box both lines are clear. Are these problems related? Anyone have this issue??
1. Green light on printer means power is present. Start with the basics - is it a thermal (Omni) printer and regular paper loaded by mistake? Then do a printer head self test - turn off power, hold down LF button, turn back on - printer should print a random pattern. Then try turning off printer, then turning off JO, wait 10 sec, then turn on JO, then printer. If none of these work, printer data cable could be bad.
2. Door not opening could be the dry relay used to send signal to door operator and open door - Y50 located in upper right corner of J2 in bay.
100 <ENT> 8 <ENT> 1 <ENT> at J0 to see if Y50 is coming on at card in JO - track 24VAC from JO output card to relay coil. If 24VAC present at relay coil, relay is probably bad, especially if you have the old style (orange) relays. Try reseating relay or you could change with another to test. Door not closing, ensure X44 (entrance door eyes) and X45 (exit door eyes) active at J0. 100 <ENT> 20 <ENT> also gives door state, useful when you call your distributor for tech support if having problems.

Last edited:

wolfe

PDQ Wolfe
Reaction score
1. Green light on printer means power is present. Start with the basics - is it a thermal (Omni) printer and regular paper loaded by mistake? Then do a printer head self test - turn off power, hold down LF button, turn back on - printer should print a random pattern. Then try turning off printer, then turning off JO, wait 10 sec, then turn on JO, then printer. If none of these work, printer data cable could be bad.
2. Door not opening could be the dry relay used to send signal to door operator and open door - Y50 located in upper right corner of J2 in bay.
100 <ENT> 8 <ENT> 1 <ENT> at J0 to see if Y50 is coming on at card in JO - track 24VAC from JO output card to relay coil. If 24VAC present at relay coil, relay is probably bad, especially if you have the old style (orange) relays. Try reseating relay or you could change with another to test. Door not closing, ensure X44 (entrance door eyes) and X45 (exit door eyes) active at J0. 100 <ENT> 20 <ENT> also gives door state, useful when you call your distributor for tech support if having problems.
Printer back on. J2 found jumper wire loose and bad relay. Thanks much for the lead. Working now.