What's new

Laser 4000 no presoak

Jon_M

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have my first problem

I have a laser 4000 and this am i went to put my car through and during the presoak there was nothing coming out of the nozzles. the rest of the wash seemed to go the way it should it was just the presoak.

after it was done went into the equip room and this is what i saw there are 2 hoses that go into the "Bannish" which is used for the presoak. the hose that goes from the barrel to the top solenoid was empty so it looked like maybe the solenoid has gone bad and did not open to draw the presoak up or the solenoid did not get the voltage needed to open it to draw the presoak out of the barrel? or maybe the tip of the hose that sits in the barrel is clogged?

Let the fun begin

Thanks

Jon

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Sounds like you lost prime if there is no soap in the line.

DavidM

Reaction score
I would start by checking the foot valve, make sure it isn't clogged and is holding.

koliver

PDQ Sales Engineer
Reaction score
From the CPU you can manually turn on the chemicals. 100 enter, 10 enter will turn on Soap 1 and 100 enter, 11 enter will turn on soap two. With the chemical line off the injector, see if you have suction. If so, put the line back on and see that it is drawing up chemical. Periodically, the check valve in the injector can go bad and will spray water out the chemical hose barb. If it does take up the chemical and then the chemical does not hold, do as DavidM said and check the foot valves.

Did all the other low pressure chemicals work fine? Might also want to make sure that you are getting 175 psi during the low pressure applications.

raisetheprice

Reaction score
1. If you run a procon pump (brass low pressure pump with red lettering)...check pressure. Should be 175psi. I suggest replacing the procon now with a starite pump...I've never looked back and run 4 machines.
2. check tips and injectors for clogs, remove supply line and run tests like mentioned and feel if the injector is sucking.
3. go ahead and replace the foot valves.
4. the injectors and danfoss valves are simple creators really, they make rebuild kits for both. I suggest rebuilding or replacing them at least once a year or sooner if you have the problems you're having now. MUCH more frequent with a procon pump bc they can grenade and clog up ALL your injectors. Unless you run a screen of some sort.

Jon_M

Reaction score
Well i washed out "foot valves" (blue plastice one way tip onthe end of the hoses in the barrel of Banish) Ran the LP soap titration test and water came out of the top left hand side of the tank, whoops.

I made a phone call to my new best friend I explained what happened and he said open the CPU, and theres a row of breakers, and one was tripped flipped it back up and ran that test again and all is ok.

I will put in a request for a new pump, I was told that a vein in the pump may have shattered or at least chipped and bound it up to the point where it tripped the breaker. either way i now probably have pieces of it floating through the system.

A question though, even though there was a soap like substance coming out during that tests and i ran i did not witness any "product" being drawn up into the machine I ran the test a few times for about 1 -2 minutes each time. Is that long enough?

I will run the tests again and note the pressure guage reading I am thinking it was around 90.

Thanks everyone.

Jon

koliver

PDQ Sales Engineer
Reaction score
If you only have 90 psi, you will not get any draw through the injectors. You will need to figure out why you have low pressure (bad pump, multiple valves open at the same time, etc.). If you ran the tests for 1-2 minutes, yes, you should definately have seen product being drawn up.

If the procon pump did go, you will want to check the whole system for debris as stated earlier. Also, when you put the order in for the new pump, consider the Sta-Rite Pump. The upfront cost is more, but the longevity is much better.