What's new

Laser 4000 going to long

GALESBURG LASER

Reaction score
I am having a problem with a laser 4000 going to the fullest length of the bay. sometimes it measures fine,then other times it doesnt.I have replaced the t bar eyes,mid limit prox,and rollers. Any other suggestions? Thanks for looking!

whitescout

Banned
Reaction score
It could be the middle limit prox switch cable, the amplifier or base, or festoon cable.

PEI

Reaction score
I am having a problem with a laser 4000 going to the fullest length of the bay. sometimes it measures fine,then other times it doesnt.I have replaced the t bar eyes,mid limit prox,and rollers. Any other suggestions? Thanks for looking!
I would suggest taking a 50 foot extension cord and using it to spare out the Red Festoon cable's number 9 wire between the J2 box and J3 box. It should be the 24CX21 connected to terminal 36 in the J2. If the problem goes away, then you have a short or break in your red festoon cable. You can replace the cable or run the machine with the spare in place. If this doesn't solve the problem, then I would look at the relay and the relay base.