What's new

laser 4000 goes to far to right

GALESBURG LASER

Reaction score
Hopefully someone has had this problem and can help me.Our laser 4000 goes to far to the right.Then going down passenger side will stop half way,turn and try to go into the middle of the car. We have changed the buffer,calibrated the ultra sonics,changed proxs 30 and 26,changed the vt board,have checked, the prox wires.After i changed prox 26 it worked fine for around 20 cars,then did the same thing.Any suggestions? thanks:confused:

lag

Reaction score
Whenever i have had a bridge stop to soon ,it is usually related to input x25 (front limit).
most likely cause is a bad x25 prox ,prox cable shorting out, or bad festoon. It can also be caused by getting a front eye signal to soon. it would need to travel past the middle flag(x26) before turning to consider this as the issue.

I need more info on the sonar problem. Is the sonar measuring on the first cycle correctly? or is it going wide on some cycles, after correctly measuring on the first cycle. is it going wide on the first cycle ,then every cycle after on the same wash?

GALESBURG LASER

Reaction score
It Seems To Measure Ok,does Fine On Low Pressure Soap,then On High Pressure Seems To Go A Little More To The Right,then Second Pass Goes Further To The Right To Hitting The T Bar.i Did Set The Buffer Again To Come Closer To The Car And So Far It Is Ok? But Did Also Notice That Coming Across The Back It Comes Almost To A Stop Like It Should To Turn Then Kinda Lunges Right A Few More Inches Then Goes Down Pass. Side.hopefully This Helps Describe Better.

lag

Reaction score
Sounds as if you are missing count. A few possibilities come to mind.
x30 prox,bad or needs adjusted.
x30 prox cable going bad.
Green festoon coming apart,or going bad. Physically check from the J4 to the J2. You may try to put the x30 signal on a spare festoon wire ,and see if it goes away. Another way to test is to put the machine in manual ,and put the trolley in a position that x30 should be on , have some one move the bridge from the entrance to the exit, you need to put the vt in position 3 ,and make sure the #8 light stays on while the bridge is moving .

Check the connections from the vt board to input x30 in the j0 cabinet.

jcollins

Reaction score
Hopefully someone has had this problem and can help me.Our laser 4000 goes to far to the right.Then going down passenger side will stop half way,turn and try to go into the middle of the car. We have changed the buffer,calibrated the ultra sonics,changed proxs 30 and 26,changed the vt board,have checked, the prox wires.After i changed prox 26 it worked fine for around 20 cars,then did the same thing.Any suggestions? thanks:confused:
To me, sounds like you have a couple different problems.
Going over too far to the right probably has something to do with the lack of enough X-30 inputs. X-30 prox and cord good? Do you have all 14 tabs on each counter bar on the inside of trolley rails? Do you have ver. 2.1 software on the VT board?
The arch going up the pass. side, stopping, turning, and driving into the pass. side is caused by the CPU seeing an input from the front t-bar eyes (X-21) or the front limit prox switch (X-25).

Hope this helps

GALESBURG LASER

Reaction score
Ihave replaced the 30 prox and cable.next i need to try and use a spare wire in festoon cable and see if thats the problem.Never done that before,have replaced the whole festoon on other machines,can someone explain the easiest way to do this?We do have a 2.1 vt board.And i got the coming down passenger side then turning mid car fixed,that was 25 prox.

GALESBURG LASER

Reaction score
Also all 14 tabs are on the counter bars.Has anyone ever had a new prox or cable that was bad out of the package? I know ive had this happen to me with automotive parts before. Just grasping for anything possible?

Mike

Reaction score

Does the machine find the front corner of the car on the first pass? If it does it tells me your ultrasounds are fine and it is either a X30 issue or if the trolley gear box drifts left during the drivers side pass. This can throw off the ladder count.

As for stopping early and turning the arch and going into the car, that is either X21 (t-bar eye ) or X25 home limit coming on early. If it stops right after the mid flag i would guess its a t-bar eye input issue.

Feel free to call PDQ tech support to disuss. We are open 7:00 - 4:30 Mon -Fri.

GALESBURG LASER

Reaction score
Mid car turning problem is fixed, we changed 25 prox.The problem we are still having is it does seem that it goes to far to the right.If the car is in bay to far to the right then it hits t bar. At the start of the wash it does measure fine.As the wash goes into high pressure,1st pass seems a little further away from car then 2nd pass is further yet.The arch does not creep as if a gearbox was bad, i have had that happen before.It still is washing cars and weve been busy,so i have not tryed the festoon cable for 30 prox.I have changed 30 prox and cable.Whats the easiest way to use a spare wire in festoon to test that?As far as calling pdq believe me ive called them plenty!They do help but still having problems.