What's new

laser 4000 arch rotation

bones

Reaction score
I have a intermitten arch rotation problem on a laser 4000 at 90 180 270 degrees. Instead of turning 90 degrees it turns about 45 degrees when ever it fails. I have replace 15,16 and 17 sensors and cables. Same results It may go for 100 cars no problem. It could fail 3 times in a row another time . Swivel is now new same problem.I have watched in jo card sometimes all leds went out on the card that shows 15,16 and17outputs .seems that the cam was not covering any sensor?I put a piece of metal in front of each one and leds lit in jo.reset laser washed cars again 10 cars later at the 90 degree turn drivers front it again only turned 45 degrees kitty corner across car jo showed15&16 leds on never made it to 17 led system shut down always arch rotation error? In manual mode I can not get it to fail.One thing sometimes when I press arch button on joy stick it does not always stop right on the 90 Degree mark I have physically checked festoon really did not see much there?Any help would be very much appreciated!!!! THANKS, BONES

lag

Reaction score
Sorry for the questions..

What pass does it happen on? your 90 degree swival may be the problem.. i have had that swival bind up ,and cause arch rotate issues

Does it every not turn at all?

I have seen a broken motor shaft cause it to only turn a little bit..It will normally finally brake ,and stop turning altogether.

Could you have a loose wire in the jo to the motor contactor? or a bad contactor?

have you recently relaced your arch gearbox ,or motor? or loosened the plates with the prox switch attached? Sometimes after loosening the brackets I have had to go back and move the bracket that holds X15 towards the passengers side. because 15 was not going out ,before 16 went off then on,and it would stop like you described(but only at the drivers front)

Try moving x15 to another wire in the green feestoon ,you should have extras.

Could also be gearbox..

Usually on intermitten problems , I hope it finally stops working so I can track it down!! Good luck,sorry for the ramble.

bones

Reaction score
Hey LAG thanks for the input it happens on low and high pressure washes.
I'm here now and it happened on spot free. same angle about 45degrees passenger
side rear as it turned it stopped. On input card LEDS 15&17 were on so I think IT thinks it
is still at rear of car but it did make the turn and got 45degrees shut down. both LEDS should go off and 16 should turn on for passenger side until home position?

bones

Reaction score
Hey LAG thanks for the info its happening on high or low pressure.It just went down
on spot free at the passenger rear once again on a 45 DEGREE angle.Inputs 15&17 were
lit in jo but arch made the turn at about 45 degree I think they should have gone off and 17 input on??

ProCarWashes

Reaction score
This what I would do first, open the entrance side cover and then open the J4 box on the trolley. There might be a build up of water in the box. It doesn't take much. Take a hair dryer and dry it out very well. Order a new cover.

EZ Washer

Reaction score
We had intermittant prox sensor display. Decreased the sensor to cam clearance and cleaned rust off the cam lobes. Picks up every time now. You've probably already done that thou.

bones

Reaction score
I actually just did decrease and used steel wool on cam I also changed 15 prox again maybe the new one was flakey.I will let it go with these changes its finally busy this week we will see how it goes. Thanks for the input I'll keep everyone posted!!

bones

Reaction score
EZ washer its been working fine no problems with the rotation I also changed prox on trolley forgot the number of it. It's on drivers side.It looked beat.Thanks again everyone for your inputs. Lets wash some cars!!!!!!!!!!