What's new

L4000 programming problems

overpar101

Reaction score
A buddy (a full time mechanic) and myself( electrical contractor) just purchased a local car wash, and it seems, from the previous owner that the machine looses its program on a regular basis. I have no paper work on the 4000 but I did find a 3v battery which indicates to me that everytime he looses power, the 3v is the only thing holding the program. My question is, since I have already talked with a distributor and was told I had a 2 month wait for reprogramming, is there any way to reprogram myself. Well , I know there is, but where can I get the paperwork needed to get machine running, since the closest service company is 100 miles away and chargeing the previous owner $800.00 a pop?

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
I hope Bill will move this topic to Inbay Automatic forum. I'm sure someone over there will be able to help you with your problem.

lag

Reaction score
Not diffucult to reprogram.. I can easily walk you through that part. Go to radio shack and get a battery

If you must reenter your system option number your distributor can help over the phone..You are getting hosed if they say they must come over. If your software is 17.0 or less you should be able to reenter the option number your self..

I also have a few owners mauals laying around i can send one your way if you need one.

overpar101

Reaction score
Hey guy's, thanks for the replies. I got new batt. but I'm still getting an emergency stop flashing on the screen. I have ohmed out the stop buttons and both are normally closed. I have traced out the wires and found that buttons go to #X 33 wire, which are giveing me an input on the controller. I also had wash disabled on screen, but with alittle luck, entering 1,2,3,4 then enter, I got it to clear. Still can't clear the emergency stop tho, any suggestions. Lag, I appreciate the offer on the manual, but give me a few more days with this PDQ bunch and if I don't have any luck I'll give ya a shout. Thanks again.

lag

Reaction score
Late as I type this..

Make sure all the breakers are on(inside j0 cabinet).. the one furthest left being off would cause system stop... make sure joystick is in auto ,or manual mode

You must have24 VDC on the DC power supply. (located on middle right part of the jo ,the board has a small fuse on it) 24 ac is power in ,24 DC is power out,,

Also if the system option is lost , you may also see system stop (cant remember for sure) 100 enter 30 enter will display your option number in later software..

I will add some in the AM if I think of other things to help.. Good luck!!

overpar101

Reaction score
Now that you mention it,the far left breaker turns on the dryer motors and the final rinse pump just as soon as I turn breaker on, so I kept that one off while I've been troubleshooting. I'll see if emergency stop won't clear with breaker on, and hopefully dryer contactor will disengage.

lag

Reaction score
Now that you mention it,the far left breaker turns on the dryer motors and the final rinse pump just as soon as I turn breaker on, so I kept that one off while I've been troubleshooting. I'll see if emergency stop won't clear with breaker on, and hopefully dryer contactor will disengage.
Not good.. when I have seen this in the past either the option number is lost.. or the software chip is either out of the socket or corrupt.

You can keep the output from firing if you open the fuse holder for y30 ,and y40 output cards. You then could continue with troubleshooting :confused:

overpar101

Reaction score
I really feel sorry for you guy's that have been dealing with this PDQ bunch for years, it's only been a few days for me and I already want to reach through the phone and slap the so called technical "support" team. As a bussiness owner of 18yrs, if I were to send my customers to a second or third party for help, I wouldn't be opened long.

lag

Reaction score
PDQ monitors the Forum ,and the the tech guys , at times , will step up ,and tell you to give them a call.. Come Mike ,Or Kris.. This issue should be an easy fix over the phone ,and not require a distribtor to hang these guys out..

2 months wait?? Come on PDQ(and distributor)!!!

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
PDQ monitors the Forum ,and the the tech guys , at times , will step up ,and tell you to give them a call.. Come Mike ,Or Kris.. This issue should be an easy fix over the phone ,and not require a distribtor to hang these guys out..

2 months wait?? Come on PDQ(and distributor)!!!
How is their poor distributor going to make any money, if they help out people for free, here on the forum?:confused:;)

lag

Reaction score
How is their poor distributor going to make any money, if they help out people for free, here on the forum?:confused:;)
I hope you are being sarcastic.

Maybe the distributor could get there little faster than 2 months. (only 100 mile drive)

But then again if they are that poor maybe they travel by mule and buggy.
;)

Mike

Reaction score
overpar 101,

You can go to our website and get a account log in and download all the manuals for the laserwash 4000 free of charge.

You can call our tech support line for option numbers or troubleshooting and we will help you.

If you have talked so someone at PDQ and feel like "slapping" them thu the phone, please call Craig Billings at PDQ (ext 3531) and let him know your views. (Craig is the Support Manager)

There is no excuse for your distributor telling you that it will be 2 months wait, please give me or Craig a call with the name of the person that you talked to at your distribtor so we can sort this issue out.

The 3 volt battery does provide power for memory but is not the only reason the lasermind cpu can loose the memory.
Bad program chip, loose chip in socket, voltage spikes (lightning strikes) can all cause the unit to cold start itself and in the process dump the memory.

Please give me a call directly, i will be in the office thru Wednesday this week. Or you can call in any time and speak with any of us in the tech support dept and get help.

Regards
Mike

overpar101

Reaction score
Well, lets see, soaps, detergents, wax, degreasers,solynoids, check valves, pressure switches, pressure guages, wands, brushes, hoses, swivel connections, reducer bushings, vaccum motors,brushes, and the list goes on for the distributor to make money. But it is very hard to sell chemical to a broke machine.

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
Well, lets see, soaps, detergents, wax, degreasers,solynoids, check valves, pressure switches, pressure guages, wands, brushes, hoses, swivel connections, reducer bushings, vaccum motors,brushes, and the list goes on for the distributor to make money. But it is very hard to sell chemical to a broke machine.
I'm glad you seem to be getting some answers to your problem. I was being sarcastic in my last post, but it appears that moving your original post has worked.:)

overpar101

Reaction score
Yep, good call Washmee, and thanks. It seems that I owe PDQ an apology, it was a rushed judgement on my part. I can see where the difficulty would be for the tech. team to try and walk someone with absolutely no electrical knowledge of any kind through this system, as basic as it may be. Mr. Menard, my machine is not fixed,(waiting on parts) but, I am fully satisfied with your tech. team and the rest of your staff. I look foward to doing more business with you in the future. Best Regards David

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
Yep, good call Washmee, and thanks. It seems that I owe PDQ an apology, it was a rushed judgement on my part. I can see where the difficulty would be for the tech. team to try and walk someone with absolutely no electrical knowledge of any kind through this system, as basic as it may be. Mr. Menard, my machine is not fixed,(waiting on parts) but, I am fully satisfied with your tech. team and the rest of your staff. I look foward to doing more business with you in the future. Best Regards David
Let us know when you get things working to your satisfaction. Good luck.:)