What's new

KR Air Shammee offer

keniniowa

Reaction score
Anyone done the 30 free trial offer yet?

The girl I talked to at KR said the install was all inclusive. I said, they're going to run power from my panel to the bay for that price? She said yes.

I've been himhawing around about getting an air shammee, just seems like an easy way to pull the trigger.

bigleo48

Reaction score
You don't just need the wiring back to the panel...you need 30amps per unit (3 x 10amp vac motors).

MEP001

Reaction score
bigleo48 said:
You don't just need the wiring back to the panel...you need 30amps per unit (3 x 10amp vac motors).
If the wash is wired 208, the same 3-phase breaker for the pump motor can be used for the dryer as long as there's enough of a delay to prevent the two from coming on together.

Kirb

Reaction score
I remember seeing this deal a couple of months ago but I can’t seem to find the old flyer. What are the details of the deal?

Thanks,
Kirb

Last edited:

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
I did the deal. The installers are actually from Air Shammee. They were very nice. The install job was very professional. Here are the caveats I found.

1. They almost refused to install 2 because I was unsure whether I would keep 2.

2. They would not install 1 unless I was pretty sure I would keep it regardless of the outcome.

3. They insisted on installing it next to the equipment room. That was the shortest run of conduit "because it was the busiest bay". The install job was up to code and all dones professionally. I wanted to install it in my middle of 5 bays since that bay has a credit card acceptor. They insisted on installing it next to the equipment room.

4. If you decide not to keep it, you have to remove it yourself, box it up, and ship it back to kleen rite on your own.

Kirb

Reaction score
Indiana wash,
How much was it? Does it come with boom? Did you keep it? If so did you install them in the rest of your bays?
Thanks,
Lien

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
Indiana wash,
How much was it? Does it come with boom? Did you keep it? If so did you install them in the rest of your bays?
Thanks,
Lien
It was $1618.75 installed which I did not think was bad. It came with the boom. It was mounted on the wall at a slight decline so it would swing back to the wall. We have had the worst winter ever. Since the October install, I have 8 hours on the machine total! At that rate, it will pay for itself in 5 years! LOL. I did not have them install any in the rest of my bays. Now that motorcycles are getting out, it is getting a lot of use. Once the use gets up, I will probably add one more so that people don't have to wait so long to use it.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I have wanted to install air shammee's as I see more and more people towel drying their vehicles in the bays or the parking lot I really want to pull the trigger on them but just bought a new Washcard system so hopefully I will get my ROI soon.

Kirb

Reaction score
That is a great deal!!!! 1385.00 for Air Shammee + 233.75 for boom = Free wire, conduit breakers, and Install. Now I need to decide if I have enough room for it my bays 14.5 wide, 24 feet long, and 9 feet high. I currently have spray wand mounted is center, foam brush mounted on the end of the wall with boom, and tri foam mounted in center of other wall with no boom. Not sure if the Shammee will make bay look to cluttered.

Any thoughts,
Kirb

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
Yes, the conduit, breakers and 3 hours it took two guys would be a few hundred dollars. I think I had mine wired to 220 too. I don't know if those breakers are more expensive, but most of the breakers I buy are close to $50 each!