What's new

Kleen-seal with teflon

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Is this a rainx/element shield type product or is this just your basic wax/drying agent? I'm trying to decide before April whether to buy a pallet of KR chemicals for my ss and soft-gloss. Is it only the ulta-concentrates that are buy 3 get 1 free or all KR chems?
Anybody using Kleen-seal in their auto?
Thanks

briteauto

Reaction score
My guess is that it is their own version of a super sealer, however it is priced about the same as their regular drying agent.

Everyone knows Rain-X is the most expensive, and other brands like Double Bond by Simoniz have brand recognition, but cost less, and now, just about every chemical maker has their own version and it is not uncommon to see the lesser known brands much less expensive than their brand name counterparts. I can't tell you about any difference in performance among these cheaper brands however, I have stopped using super sealers altogether. I was not noticing enough of a difference as compared to standard sealers.

I was using a super sealer product, but recently switched to a product by Diamond Shine called Bead Up that I have found to work very well. It breaks and dries the car every bit as well as the super sealer I was using (it was not Rain-X brand). I use the bead-up as the clear coat protectant in my premium wash and while shine and gloss can be subjective, I notice the cars looking every bit as good as they did with the other, more expensive chemicals. The quality of dry is outstanding - even in the colder season we are in now in the NE.

One of the other things that impresses me is that the bead stands up to rain and general weather very well. I can't say for sure that it is 25 or 30 days, but most of our repeat customers come back and it the cars are easily beading as they are prepped.

FWIW I have no connection to Diamond Shine - I just happen to have had good luck with this product. I've also used JBS, Warsaw and CSI. For me, right now, this is the best sealer I have seen for my situation.

Sorry I got a bit wordy for your simple question.

bigleo48

Reaction score
I have a do. On a per car basis, I find it about the same price as Rainx to apply.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
So I take it that you have to use a LOT more? I use Element Shield currently and am very impressed with it but it is expensive. The buy 3 get one free makes KR the clear price winner if you buy enough that they cover shipping. I just don't want to buy a bunch of something that I don't like. I think the other products are comparable but am not sure about the Kleen-seal.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
I've used it for over a year and like it. It is comparable to Simoniz Double Bond and probably made by Simoniz for KR since Simoniz has the "license" to the Teflon trademark. I like the scent better than the double bond. I have found it to be much less costly than RainX.

briteauto

Reaction score
Is this a rainx/element shield type product or is this just your basic wax/drying agent? I'm trying to decide before April whether to buy a pallet of KR chemicals for my ss and soft-gloss. Is it only the ulta-concentrates that are buy 3 get 1 free or all KR chems?
Anybody using Kleen-seal in their auto?
Thanks
Did you ever give the Kleen Seal a shot? What did you think?

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
No I haven't. I'm kind of in a catch 22. KR chemical becomes cost competitive without shipping charges but you only get shipping paid if you order 36 pails. Odds are I won't try it unless they get a trial size or pay the freight. I'm unimpressed with a few of my chemicals but I doubt I'll pay $150 shipping to try theirs.

Reaction score
Absolutely love Kleen Seal!

I have tried many different wax/clear coat/drying agents at my wash. I have never (including Rain-x and weather shield by Warsaw) seen any chemical that protects and sheds water like kleen seal. It is supposed to be similar to Simoniz's blue lagoon (also pina colada scent and was very suspicious that it was the exact same until I tried it.) but after trying both, I find the that less of the kleen seal repels more water at a faster rate (in the same conditions) than the Simonz product (and all of the other products as well.) Although I do really like Warsaw's weather shield, its cost/benefit when compared to the Kleen Seal is just not there. So, to any of you thinking about trying this product.......do it! Best move you will ever make!

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I'm trying a sample right now. Yesterday was the first time it has rained since I had it on my car. It seemed to shed water pretty well much like element shield. I think it may be a little less concentrated though. Too soon to judge really. I will post after I have had a little more experience.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I have been using Kleen Shield for several months and am about to switch. I'm using about 2.5 times more of it than I was with Element Shield and the results are not nearly as good. The ES is really really expensive so I'm not sure what I'm going to switch to. If I had a Rainx distributor close I might try that but I don't. I'm back open for suggestions if anybody has any.

chadrpalmer

Reaction score
Any chance with ZEP buying the car care division of Blue Corral that you may now have a distributor near by?

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Probably do but if it's priced like the other Zep products it will be out of the question. I tried to go that route for a while but couldn't do it. They were just too expensive.

Reaction score
I have been using Kleen Shield for several months and am about to switch. I'm using about 2.5 times more of it than I was with Element Shield and the results are not nearly as good. The ES is really really expensive so I'm not sure what I'm going to switch to. If I had a Rainx distributor close I might try that but I don't. I'm back open for suggestions if anybody has any.
Have you tried Durashield or Durashield plus by Blendco It works really good and you can set it up for a 3.00 mail in rebate if you are able to give a recipet back from your acw.