What's new

kleen rite self serve bay simoniz hot wax systems

Sparkleclean

Reaction score
so kleen rite is now selling self serve bay set ups for hot wax. i am wondering how smart it is to add that product to the self serve bays currently. it is an expensive product and without a second timer you couldnt charge more for it, and if it is available in self serve whats the draw to go through the automatic or tunnels??

DiamondWash

Reaction score
How about just using your existing foaming wax gun and changing the chemical to Simoniz Hot Wax chemical

MEP001

Reaction score
The product isn't all that expensive unless it doesn't dilute well. My three trifoam pails last six months at 96:1 IIRC, so I'd guesstimate one hot wax at 64:1 would last a month or two. I see no reason why it would need an extra charge, you're still just selling time and customers will still need to rinse it off.

I assume you need to supply the system with hot water to deliver hot product.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
No Hot Water is required I'm told from Kleen Rite plus how would you keep the RTU tank warm. In the picture below it shows the Air Logics system with their Foam Brush setup using the Simoniz Hot Wax Chemical, no reason to go buy it if you already own it for tri-color foam wax.

1565906799117.png

MEP001

Reaction score
No Hot Water is required I'm told from Kleen Rite plus how would you keep the RTU tank warm. In the picture below it shows the Air Logics system with their Foam Brush setup using the Simoniz Hot Wax Chemical, no reason to go buy it if you already own it for tri-color foam wax.
I agree, except I wouldn't advertise a "hot wax and shine" if it wasn't hot. You could keep the tank hot with a tank or immersion heater. I've also seen a hot foam brush system that had a chamber with a water heater element at each bay to heat the foam.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Tunnels do the same. Their hot wax and shine is not heated. However, you're selling a product named "hot wax and shine". Deceptive, but heat isn't required for good application. However, a SS customer might call you on it.

I too wouldn't bother to install new equipment, just convert your tricolor or single color gun to the product

washnshine

Reaction score
I think most customers realize it’s just a name for marketing/recognition - like a “hot shine” - it implies intensity. Or an item that is “hot” - it sells a lot or is in high demand. Maybe calling it “hot shine” wax would have kept us operators off the hook in terms of worrying about heating the product.

Anyway - who expects Turtle Wax Ice to be below 32°? 😄

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I think most customers realize it’s just a name for marketing/recognition - like a “hot shine” - it implies intensity. Or an item that is “hot” - it sells a lot or is in high demand. Maybe calling it “hot shine” wax would have kept us operators off the hook in terms of worrying about heating the product.

Anyway - who expects Turtle Wax Ice to be below 32°? 😄
In the old days some premium waxes contained carnuba and had to be heated because carnuba is solid at room temps , so I think the implication of a hot product is rooted there. A lot of old timers refer to drying agents ( which contained mineral oil) as "cold wax". To the best of my knowledge Coleman still sells a hot wax system for the water wizards. Even now we're seeing products advertised with carnuba additives, but the carnuba is not doing much. Its mainly for marketing purposes.

washnshine

Reaction score
In the old days some premium waxes contained carnuba and had to be heated because carnuba is solid at room temps , so I think the implication of a hot product is rooted there. A lot of old timers refer to drying agents ( which contained mineral oil) as "cold wax". To the best of my knowledge Coleman still sells a hot wax system for the water wizards. Even now we're seeing products advertised with carnuba additives, but the carnuba is not doing much. Its mainly for marketing purposes.
You’re right - it is defiantly a throw back term. I worked at a tunnel in the 1970’s and we sold hot wax back then. For customers that didn’t get it we used what we called a “cheater wax” as a drying agent. I think that product contained a good amount of kerosene!

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I'm afraid if the product doesn't get used enough that it will start to gel up in the RTU tank maybe I'm wrong but before I start offering a product such as this with different wordage of course, I want to be sure I'm not overlooking something that could cause problems down the road.

washnshine

Reaction score
FWIW- I use hot wax and shine (unheated) in my tunnel and the product does not gel up at all. If I have an unopened 5 gallon bucket sitting around for 6 weeks or so before I open it, you will see a little separation on the bottom, but you can literally shake it back into solution. It is an easy product to work with.

soapy

Reaction score
I replaced my trifoam in the SS bays with Rainx years ago. It is one of the most expensive products out there and I still make great money with it. Very little is used per car. I know I am paying for the name recognition but I think it helps.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I'm going to order a 5gal of Simoniz hot wax and test it in my foaming wax gun that I recently changed from 3 colors to one, if it foams to a good show then I might consider adding it as a new function. Customer perception of services has been very noticeable as of late.

Crommel62

Reaction score
I'm going to order a 5gal of Simoniz hot wax and test it in my foaming wax gun that I recently changed from 3 colors to one, if it foams to a good show then I might consider adding it as a new function. Customer perception of services has been very noticeable as of late.
Any new news on this hot wax product as a replacement of trifoam in a self serve bay?