What's new

Keeping parking curbs anchored

Red Baron

Reaction score
Those dang hillbillies in their 4x4s are fond of pushing my concrete curbs off the parking lot. Jyst 3 days ago we redrilled the holes and installed larger 1/2" rebar, and still they push the darn things aside.

Anyone have a better idea short of waiting for them to bend over to pick up the vac hose then hitting them on the back of their head with a shovel?

ProCarWashes

Reaction score
No, I think that would be the best thing to do. Or maybe run'em through a wood chipper. Just remember to do it during deer season, so when your cleaning up the chipper at the wash, it blends.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Those dang hillbillies in their 4x4s are fond of pushing my concrete curbs off the parking lot. Jyst 3 days ago we redrilled the holes and installed larger 1/2" rebar, and still they push the darn things aside.

Anyone have a better idea short of waiting for them to bend over to pick up the vac hose then hitting them on the back of their head with a shovel?
I am guessing they are pulling the rebar out of the whole as they push it?

It's a function of how much work you are willing to do. I would expect that with a 6" core drill to get thru the asphalt and then a Post hole digger you could go down a couple of feet under where each rebar is Bend both the top and bottom in an L shape, fill the hole with cement and put the curbs over the holes with the rebar going into the cement.