What's new

Kate Carr's Article

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This month Kate Carr talked about items in a vending machine. Did anyone read it?

She used an analogy of Dunkins and Starbuks selling pounds in the grocery aisle and likened that to selling a waterless carwash product as well as self-branded cleaners etc in your vendor.

I think these are fine ideas. After all, if you've got 51 selections, give em what they want, right?

What are your own experiences with these and/or thoughts on the waterless product in a vendor at your carwash?

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Like you said there are 51 selections why would you want to promote any item that might deter a customer from coming back to your place for a wash?
You could look at any dist. catalog, soda, drinks, candy, snacks and change 1/2 your selections in your vendor monthly and not use all the items available to sell.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Read the article. Thought it was food for thought. (BTW did you catch the great;) vac troubleshooting article in the same issue?) BUT, would never promote the waterless stuff. Why encourage people not to use the wash? Have serious issues about abrasion levels using this product. No one has never been able to explain how trapping the dirt between the cloth / shammee and the vehicle using this product is not an issue.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
I actually had them want to advertise on the forum. Its probably not much better than that sponge with the soap & was built in that is being advertised on TV now. Just a fad until people see that it isn't really working.

mac

Reaction score
I think there is a market for waterless cleaning, but it's a separate one from our traditional base. I had a guy do a touchless cleaning on an airplane and it came out well, and also fast. He actually had it done before I got there. With the EPA getting down on washing at car lots and places, there is a market for it. I think the average guy though would screw it up.