What's new

Just raised prices in SS bays

chaz

Reaction score
No regrets here....
I went from $2 to $3 for four minutes about 11 months ago. I also switched to dollar coins. Like you say, less mess, and more money. I also find folks adding the extra dollar coin for more time, used to be just a quarter at a time. I did not expect the excess of quarters brought to my wash that I now take to the bank, or the takeaway of dollar coins. Customers seem to like to collect these. Since the change to dollar coins I have had to buy about $10,000 in dollar coins....just doing my part to get these in circulation.

Next up... Dropping my basic $6.00 auto wash. And adding an $11.00. The new wash will be the same as my top $12.00 wash except it will not offer trifoam or a second high pressure rinse. I will actually make more $ on the 11 then on the 12. Just waiting for new signage. I will have an 8, 10, 11, and 12 on my auto.

Kool Wash

Reaction score
So far I have seen no drop in business and not one complaint. I haven't done month over month so I can't say for certain if I'm up, but I believe I am. I do know that going to the wash and getting paid is a much more fun experience.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Dispensing $ coins only, also increased my revenue.
Alonzo,

One thing about your revenue from the $1 coins ... it is not being eaten up by merchant fees. In our case, raising prices has allowed us to pick the times we do certain types of more time consuming maintenance vs having to do it in the wee hours of the morning or evening. I really do feel for those operators in states where they have their gross eaten up by gross receipt (all car washing revenue) taxes.

mike walsh http://kingkoin.com/USA_Deficit_Reduction.html

mmurra

Reaction score
When I was young I went to the quarter carwash. Since then, the inflation index has increased by about 674%, making the quarter now worth $1.84. As a young person, I would race around the car and try to get the junk off in one .25c cycle (maybe 3-4 minutes). I usually failed. It took 2 quarters for a basic spray job. Today that would be $3.70 for two cycles. Today we offer much more srevice than I got, then. Anyone less than $2 to start is kidding themselves about trying to make money, given the complexity of our businesses. Mark