What's new

Just a thought.

Reaction score
I know I’m new to all this car wash world stuff. I was poking around the car wash the other day and had a thought that what if you put a selection on your switch panel for just compressed air. So instead of using a dryer you could just have a selection where air would come out of the nozzle and you could blow the excess water off of your car with the wand without any added extra equipment.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
If you have any condensation in your air you would not want that spraying onto your customers vehicle plus you would be putting a load on your air compressor not to mention the other equipment utilizing your air compressor.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I like that "out of the box" thinking. I don't think you would have the volume (CFM) to push a lot of water off the car, but blowing water out of mirrors and other nook and crannies may be possible. It wouldn't be much trouble to hook an air hose to the "out to bay" HP hose and see what kind of result you get.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've seen it done, not from the wand (I don't think it would be at all effective between the small size of the tip and the fan) but I have seen a standard blower nozzle with a short tube. It was a motorcycle vlogger and he really liked it, in about 30 seconds he had his seat, mirrors and chrome dry. I've had a few customers ask for it to blow out their mirrors and door handles on their black trucks. The air blower in the video was just on a coily hose, no boom.

I.B. is right, it would be a strain om the compressor, so you'll need a good one, or two.

Reaction score
I've seen it done, not from the wand (I don't think it would be at all effective between the small size of the tip and the fan) but I have seen a standard blower nozzle with a short tube. It was a motorcycle vlogger and he really liked it, in about 30 seconds he had his seat, mirrors and chrome dry. I've had a few customers ask for it to blow out their mirrors and door handles on their black trucks. The air blower in the video was just on a coily hose, no boom.

I.B. is right, it would be a strain om the compressor, so you'll need a good one, or two.
In my previous life when I worked at a car dealership the detail guys always used a blow gun from the shops compressor to blow the water off of cars. We also used it at the motorcycle dealership too but just when they got wet from the rain and stuff as you don’t wash sport bikes the same way you wash cars. That’s more of a spray polish and pig snot rags.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
On the vacuum that is almost attached to our building outside we have an air option. It can fill tires & also blow the air based on the type of nozzle. I have seen people use the blow ability of the nozzle. Sometimes on on parts of their vehicle dash etc. I personally would want to wear a dust mask if I did that. As far as water removal even on smaller areas like MEP alluded to on a motorcycle's nooks & crannies ... our powerful in bay hand held air dry is more effective than a tiny air nozzle from an air compressor it seems.

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
These are common at EE washes. Usually each vac spot also has a compressed air hose. A separate compressor is needed for this. You wouldn't want that on your compressor that runs your wash.

Not a bad idea to adapt it for a SS bay, and charge for the time used.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
For alot cheaper, I added an air machine that vends for $1.

I paid $40 for mine and had an electrician install it.

For my bays, I have air blowers that are a selection on the dial.

Reaction score
For alot cheaper, I added an air machine that vends for $1.

I paid $40 for mine and had an electrician install it.

For my bays, I have air blowers that are a selection on the dial.
Do you have pictures of your setup?