What's new

Jim Colman Vac/Shampooer Combo heater

sparkey

Reaction score
I recently purchased a carwash that has a Jim Coleman vac/shampooer combo unit model 94050. Does anyone know what the function of the tank heater is? Is the heater for freeze protection or should the foam be hot in the summer time? If the foam is heated in the summer what temperature should it be? I have tried contacting the Jim Coleman company by phone on a couple different occasions only to be sent to voicemail. No one ever called me back. I also tried emailing them and agian, no one wrote me back. What a way to run a business! Hopefully someone on the forum can answer my question.

MEP001

Reaction score
Can't edit my post, but I read the entire page to which I linked and it does say "Delivers Hot Foam" in the description for that particular model.

sparkey

Reaction score
I got a return call from the Jim Coleman company today! :) They informed me the heater is for both freeze protection and to heat the foam. The thermostat shuts the heat off at 130 degrees.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Radiant energy will keep the solution hot in my part of the country, even quite warm in the winter. If you fill it up with cold water it might take a day, but between sunlight and the pads it will heat up.