What's new

jim coleman swipe n clean

bmattivi

Reaction score
i have a jim coleman swipe n clean that is about 10 years old, dial up modem and the credit card receipt printer prints the first 12 digits on credit card receipt and blanks out the last 4. this is not pci compliant according to my information. accordning to b&c the company that built it, since i am on dial up and my information is encrypted, it would be impossible for someone to hack the info unless they hacked my telephone line first, new the passcodes, etc. the only real issue i have is the receipt itself. they say there is no way to change the receipt format but of course they want to sell me a new $4,000 computer which will not interface with my unitecs for sales reporting nor will it allow me to manually post auto sales from my unitec for fleet account billing - it would be high speed internet but i don't see the big advantage except the possiblity of being hacked, yeah a credit card would approve in 5 seconds instead of 10 seconds - IF THE NETWORK IS UP! in other words i like what i have, anyone else facijng this dilema?

bmattivi

Reaction score
brad mattivi

not my version, it is dial up, but actually has more functionality than the new high speed version has for fleet accounts which i use extensively
if i could just figure out a way to revove the account number from the receipt printing i could avoid spending over $5k and keep my fleet account functionality, no luck so for