What's new

IVS vac

cebo

Reaction score
I have an IVS fragrance vac, one of those after they broke off from fragramatics (EV3 it think). It was much better than the fragramatics because all the junk was in the cabinet and not under the dome and it did not puke visual collum fluid everwhere. Only problem with it has is a peristolic (sic) pump that has to be rebuilt (new tubes installed) every 10-18 months. It seems to have the same compressor and similar solonoids as my fragramatics that have been working quite well (except for by bitch above) for over 10 years. Does anyone know if there is a way to ditch the pump on the IVS?

MEP001

Reaction score
Yes, just use a standard Fragramatics gun and let it draw straight from the product. You'll have to replace the solenoids that dump pressure from the three peristaltic pumps with ones that stop flow to the selections not in use, but the rest is the same.

mac

Reaction score
Mep, that's a great idea. Hope you don't mind i9f I "borrow" it.

cebo

Reaction score
Do you think the existing solonoids would work if you just plugged the dump side of it? I'm working from memory now. Its been about a year since I rebuilt the pump and just ordered the parts when it quit working.

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure those solenoids are all normally open, but if they're not they will work. I wouldn't recommend using them even if you can configure it somehow because if the gun is left on the ground the fragrances will siphon out.