What's new

IVS Fresh-N-up fragrance problems

CleanStreak

Single IBA
Reaction score
I have had chronic problems with my two Fresh-N-Up vacuums bursting hoses just after the pumps on the fragrances over the past two years since installing them. They are in a climate that gets quite hot during the summer and I use the oil based fragrance. I have called IVS and of course they have not heard of any such thing.

Each fragrance has burst 4 or 5 times. Checked and cleaned the solenoinds, blew the lines, replaced the fragrance. I now have a semi permanent FRAGRANCE OUT OF ORDER sign :mad:

Has anyone else had similar issues and found a way to resolve it?

Thanks!

MEP001

Reaction score
I've had the displeasure of working on one of those. If it were mine, I'd pull out the peristaltic pump system and replace the gun and hose with a Fragramatics one that draws the liquid on its own.

mac

Reaction score
Mep has a good suggestion there. I've sold and worked on them and have seen the same bursting. The only thing that should cause it to burst is an unopened solenoid. Maybe you have a loose electrical connection somewhere preventing the signal from reaching them?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
FWIW I have good luck with the Coleman Guns. Have now replced my JE Adams guns and even an old D&S gun with Colemans and the replacement cost is about the same.

IMNSHO the plastic guns on the JE Adams and D&S are junk. Can't take being dropped and rum over repeatedly. Colemans have never gone bad. The hose wears out first. (Although I had one bad out of a couple dozen when it was brand new)

MEP001

Reaction score
The Fragramatics gun is tough too, and about half the cost of the Coleman gun. I've never had one broken, and the plastic doesn't ding the heck out of the stainless of the vac every time it takes a hit like the heavy Coleman gun does.

Bill Manke

Reaction score
I have JE Adams Fragrance Vacs. I just had a problem with the peristaltic pumps. I was using the oil based fragrance. Talked to JE Adams they said to use only alchohol /water based fragrance. The tubing seems to go bad with the oil based fragrance. Might want to give that a try. Warsaw has water based fragrance with alchohol.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I have JE Adams Fragrance Vacs. I just had a problem with the peristaltic pumps. I was using the oil based fragrance. Talked to JE Adams they said to use only alchohol /water based fragrance. The tubing seems to go bad with the oil based fragrance. Might want to give that a try. Warsaw has water based fragrance with alchohol.
I use a water based concentrate from "Nuscents' Ad water April to October and use windshield washer de icer fluid Nov. - March.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
I have had chronic problems with my two Fresh-N-Up vacuums bursting hoses just after the pumps on the fragrances over the past two years since installing them. They are in a climate that gets quite hot during the summer and I use the oil based fragrance. I have called IVS and of course they have not heard of any such thing.

Each fragrance has burst 4 or 5 times. Checked and cleaned the solenoinds, blew the lines, replaced the fragrance. I now have a semi permanent FRAGRANCE OUT OF ORDER sign :mad:

Has anyone else had similar issues and found a way to resolve it?

Thanks!
I'm not aware who you talked to but I will be more than happy to assist.

If the line is blowing after the pump, the problem is a solenoid not opening properly.

Feel free to contact me and I can walk you through.