What's new

IVS Carpet Wizard w/ Dead IDX Big Two Timer

Reaction score
This repair is still a work in progress but I thought I would share this in case you guys have additional ideas for me on how to program and get this back in operation again.

Reaction score
Your tone makes it seem like your accusing me of clickbaiting or something?

This specific section of the forum is for sharing "HOW I fixed this breakdown" and video is the best form of demonstration

I preface my post with exactly what I am looking for but while your here let me just rapid fire some questions you could help me with.

• What is the difference is IDX BT907 and BT912 and are they interchangable on this machine?
  • Why is only one of the vacuum selections working on the machine?
  • With my standard vacs set at $1 for 5 minutes what would be a good price point for this machine?
  • There seems to be a wiring harnessed not used I assume for a bill validator if equipped. Can this be used for a credit card reader with the right harness?
  • How do I change the message on the screen?
  • Where can I buy decals for this unit?
  • Do you have a preferred chemical you like for these machines?

New Washdog

Reaction score

This specific section of the forum is for sharing "HOW I fixed this breakdown" and video is the best form of demonstration

I preface my post with exactly what I am looking for but while your here let me just rapid fire some questions you could help me with.

• What is the difference is IDX BT907 and BT912 and are they interchangable on this machine?
  • With my standard vacs set at $1 for 5 minutes what would be a good price point for this machine?
  • There seems to be a wiring harnessed not used I assume for a bill validator if equipped. Can this be used for a credit card reader with the right harness?
I didn't watch your video.

1) Pretty sure you can find the differances on the IDX BT907 and BT912 on their website.
2) The manual will have a troubleshooting functions. Dou you have a manual?
3) Price point will vary by region
4) Not sure on wiring harness you speak of as I didnt watch the video. But I have wired a CC reader to test feasability, it works. (decided to replace the vac units)
5) You need a programming controller.
6) Decals can be made by your local sign maker, not cheap.
7) Kleenrite has chemicals.

I will be taking two functioning Carpet Wizards out of service early September and will be puting them up for sale along with the manuals, many spare parts and the programmer needed to change message.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score

The previous owner suggested not repairing it and he was correct. IF you can get it operational and the PLC fails, it's a pile of scrap. Those PLCs are obsolete and we decided to not spec out a new one because we have not manufactured them with those in 17 years and there is no business case to be made to write a new logic program for that old of a machine. We no longer manufacture about a third of the components used on that generation of machine. Your business would be better served to find another use for your time and money.

MEP001

Reaction score
Do you even know what "clickbaiting" means?

You have created a 20-minute long, monetized, and fairly professional video. It is clearly not a knowledgeable video, since you know very little about the function of the machine and the "history" of the PLC it uses. I'm not going to watch it because I can't stand videos that drone on about the history of the thing, or that essentially copy the format of ChrisFix (Your intro is word-for-word the same aside for the subject matter). Then you post it here under "How I Fixed this Break Down" when you haven't even fixed it yet. So it's quite obvious you're using this forum to try and grow your channel.

IMO the best way to "fix" this unit would be to completely gut it and either develop your own ladder program for a programmable relay or use a timer that can do it. I've done a Dixmor LED9 swap in a Fragramatics shampoo machine, and it works great. The same customer handed me a Dixmor LED6S and asked me to get it to work, but I pretty quickly discovered that the LED6S won't work with toggle switches and would need to be converted to pushbuttons. That might be your solution.

TMoliver

Reaction score
The simplest fix is to purchase the replacement circuit board from Kleen-Rite. Since you have the BT907 seven timer with messages you will need the PG912-A or the LED9 multi timer model. If your carpet wizard has the BT912 two timer without service messages, then you only need the PG912-D board.

New Washdog

Reaction score
The previous owner suggested not repairing it and he was correct. IF you can get it operational and the PLC fails, it's a pile of scrap. Those PLCs are obsolete and we decided to not spec out a new one because we have not manufactured them with those in 17 years and there is no business case to be made to write a new logic program for that old of a machine. We no longer manufacture about a third of the components used on that generation of machine. Your business would be better served to find another use for your time and money.
Love your honesty as always, but you're killing my sale man! :ROFLMAO: