What's new

It's all I can do

galen

Reaction score
Lets call her a person. She drives up to the auto. Puts her money in and a moment later she comes to the office, where my attendant and I are telling stupid customer stories. "I put 7 dollars in that machine out there, it won't come on." I said, OK madame, lets go have a look. The entrance light wasn't on so I knew the amount hadn't been met, so I opened the door on the Unitec, with her watching me. BTW, I had just cleaned the money just before she had pulled up. Opened up the bill box and three dollars was all that was in there. I told her that she must of thought that one of the one's was a five. So I gave her back her one's, and closed the door on the WS2. Then she had the gaul to ask why I didn't make the wash come on for her. You know what I wanted to say to her, but I bit my tongue hard and didn't. I said, "it will still take a five to make it come on lady". Oh, OK. It was cold and the doors on the bay were down. She handed me a five I put it in the machine for her, the door opened. Then she said, and I swear on my dad's grave, "Will that door open when I get ready to leave? And I said," That will cost another dollar madame". She started to hand me another dollar and I said, "I'm kidding lady". I swear, how do these people get a license?

MEP001

Reaction score
Just the other evening a woman came to me from a self-serve bay and said "There's a bunch of pink soap coming out!" I didn't know what to think, so I went to look. She pointed to the foam brush on the wall running like it's supposed to, and said "I turned it to foam brush, it came out of the gun for a second but then it started to come out there!" I asked if she wanted high pressure soap: "No, I wanted the soap here!" and points to the wand. I explained while I added some time, since she'd wasted most of her money, that the high pressure soap position is what she wanted. She pointed to all the pink soap again and asked "Well then what's that?" "That's the foam brush," I told her. It was her first time at a self serve, but I guess the pictures, graphics, instructions and clear, color-coded labeling wasn't enough.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
That is one of the sad things with our society, people can't think for themselves any longer, they have been programed that someone will hold their hand from cradle to grave.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
You mean that brush on the wall isn't for sweeping out the back of truck beds? I thought the hose connected to it was just a leash so no one would steal it, much like the pens at the bank. ;-)

galen

Reaction score
Our local hardware store tapes a plastic fork to their pen at the sales desk. They still have it. Isn't it funny how the human mind works. Creatures of habit. Only trailblazers risk benefit or failure. But the one's not afraid of failure are true trailblazers.

MikeV

Reaction score
I'm going to post this but I don't know that Bill will let it pass.
A black lady pulls in to my auto with a brand new Hummer, still has the T tags on it. She get the top wash and then sits thru the dryer cycle. ( Its a free standing dryer that you have to drive slowly thru, signs tell you to drive slowly for the dryer). She is talking on her cell and after the dryer stops, she site there for a minute and then pulls out. She then drives over to where I'm working and tells me the dryer didn't work. Mind you, I am right behind the wash and watched her sit thru the dryer cycle. I tell her that "the dryer came on and you sat there until it timed out" She asks me if I can turn it on, I tell her that I can't without doing another wash. ( I can, but was not at a stopping point where I could leave and go turn it on). She then says...."If I was white, I bet you would turn it on". I tell her..."Lady, I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you actually believe what you just said" She looks at me as if I'm talking Greek, so I say..."stupid is stupid, no matter what color you are" She leaves in a huff.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
No problem with your post Mike. I once told an Insurance cost reduction engineer to get F'd, it ended up costing me $27K, when $27K was important, I've told other people to get F'd, since then, but I always remember that it cost me $27K once. We all make decisions some smart some not so smart, but making no decision is always stupid.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
"If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice"

-from the song 'freewill' by Rush.