It's a New Day

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
For those contemplating trying something new, there's this:

January 16, 2009

The Most Fulfilling Road
Finding Your Next Step in Life

Our lives are made up of a complex network of pathways that we can use to move from one phase of life to the next. For some of us, our paths are wide, smooth, and clearly marked. Many people, however, find that they have a difficult time figuring out where they need to go next. Determining which ?next step? will land you on the most direct route to fulfillment and the realization of your life purpose may not seem easy.

There are many ways to discover what the next step on your life path should be. If you are someone who seeks to satisfy your soul, it is vital that you make this inquiry. Often, your inner voice will counsel you that it?s time for a change, and it is very important to trust yourself because only you know what is best for you. Personal growth always results when you let yourself expand beyond the farthest borders of what your life has been so far. When figuring out what your next step will be, you may want to review your life experiences. The choices you?ve made and the dreams you?ve held onto can give you an idea of what you don?t want to do anymore and what you might like to do next. It is also a good idea to think about creative ways you can use your skills and satisfy your passions. Visualizing your perfect future and making a list of ways to manifest that future can help you choose a logical next step that?s in harmony with your desires. Meditation, journal writing, ta!
king a class, and other creative activities may inspire you and provide insight regarding the next step in life that will bring you the most satisfaction.

Continued...

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It is when you are willing to listen to yourself and be fearless that figuring out your next step becomes easy. Beneath the fear and hesitation and uncertainty lies your inner knowing that always knows which step you need to take next. If you can allow the taking of your next step to be as easy as putting one foot in front of the next, you?ll notice that your next step is always the one that is right in front of you. All you have to do is put one foot forward and on the ground.

ted mcmeekin

Fast and Clean
Reaction score
Have you been listening to those positive attitude tapes!!! You are way too content. Send the tapes to Doug when your done.

Ted

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Well waxman, we may be in the minority but I love all the inspirational stuff. Have you ever read 'The Magic of Thinking Big'?

Great Book!

P

Patrick H. Crowe

Waxman:

It was unclear to me whether these words were your own or quoted from someone. In eother case, plase accept this analysis (serious flaws). "Personal growth ALWALS (caps mine) when . . . . So here a a universal affirmative. Most folks learned that in "Logic 101 an particular (meaning only one) counter example completely shatters, destroys and disproves, a universal affirmative, right?

So whether the words are yours or quoted - - please see the flaw. To me such an amateurish flaw destroys what might be a useful message.

Reply?

Patrick H. Crowe

Etowah

ted mcmeekin

Fast and Clean
Reaction score
The message in your post was very clear so go have another good day.

Ted

mac

Reaction score
I would be worried about someone who thinks a Grafield doll is cute and who always posts between 2 and 3 AM.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What I posted was a quote from 'The Daily Motivator".

Here's a secret; I'm not way too content. I use this stuff as a pep talk for myself.

I had a lousy day Saturday; super cold temps. had things mechanical at the wash on the fritz. My employees had issues with listening and following directions and I was stressed out!

So I look for and find ways to help myself. Sure, a 6-pack would be easier, but that only helps short term. I try and beat my own negativity with some positive stuff sprinkled in and I thought I'd share some of it.

You can find fault with almost any argument, but what does that accomplish other than boosting your own ego?

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Waxman, Keep doing what you are doing. There are few guys/gals on this forum that can match you in peace and happiness. Thankfully, you haven't had the crap beat out of you like some of them and I hope that it never happens to you, but having a positive attitude most of the time, is the best way to make it though the day, and to be successful. Its good to be aware that crap happens, but to dwell on it and assume that it will happen to you is a waste of time.