What's new

Istobal Distributors

dgunderson

Reaction score
I would like to address all US Istobal distributors. Istobal needs to make some factory changes, chiefly among them, the use of anti-seize compounds during assembly. I recently had to change a top brush lift belt on a Flex 5 that was only 3 years old. I snapped off the Allen head bolt in the belt pulley wheel and had to replace the whole pulley wheel because the bolt was seized to the pulley and the pulley was seized to the shaft. Not an easy task. The cowling on the driver's side where the rinse/wax nozzles are had to be removed and I still needed a metric socket with a u-joint and ratchet to get that damned pulley out. If all of the parts in this disaster had been coated with an anti-seize compound the bolt might not have broke the pulley wouldn't have had to be replaced and I wouldn't have had bloody knuckles. Rise up Istobal distributors! Tell them use anti-seize on metal to metal connections.

mac

Reaction score
Is this the dgunderson who I think it is? You bring up a very good point, but from my experience you might as w3ell be talking to your pet dog. At least you'll get a response from it. I was at the Bristol place a while ago and said the same thing to them. They said good idea, then nothing. I am not aware of ANY manufacturer that uses anti-seize. Sad part is it would only cost them a buck or two to do a machine and maybe an extra 15 minutes of labor, but the advertising advantage would more than cover it. Say hello to Elke for me.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Mac, appreciate the fact you do not toe the company line, & are very honest.

mac

Reaction score
Have always tried to maintain my standards. Just sleep better that way.