What's new

Installing larger meter boxes

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm amazed at the order of the order of some car washes. For example the car wash these boxes came from had this for order of functions: Soap, Tire Cleaner, Foam Brush, Rinse, Wax, Presoak, Rinse. I have seen worse but this is pretty goofy where the presoak is and no spot free but has tire cleaner?
I've seen some weird ones too. A lot of the time it's because they've added features over years and just put them on the dial where they had space, I guess not ever considering just wiring up a new switch harness.

Here's another option vs. welding in studs:

OurTown

Reaction score
I've seen some weird ones too. A lot of the time it's because they've added features over years and just put them on the dial where they had space, I guess not ever considering just wiring up a new switch harness.

Here's another option vs. welding in studs:

I have seen those installed in things and didn't think of those for this project. You have given me several options to look into that are alternatives for welded studs.

OurTown

Reaction score
Here is a big box from IDX we have installed for customers. One does have bill acceptor. I know they have a box which is like this but turned sideways. Makes it easy to work on components.

Those are some huge boxes and some serious thick material.