What's new

Input on a detail product line...

Reaction score
I just wanted to get anyone's take on a product I'm looking to bring into my distribution center. Its manufactured from Awc and marketed as either auto magic or a pl. Just wanted to see if anyone has tried or is using their detail line, clay bars, etc.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I used Automagic for years. Love the products and found the pricing high.

I'll never forget my first order amount: $1054.48.

Reaction score
I used Automagic for years. Love the products and found the pricing high.

I'll never forget my first order amount: $1054.48.

Thanks for the input. First part sounds good, second part not so good. Hoping I can get a decent pricing structure : D

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
There are several good lines on the market. You probably need to try as many as possible to see what works best for you. Personally I have not always found the highest price one to work best for me but I feel that many products are very similar and do not warrant the large price discrepancy.

My advice would be that once you settle on the products you like don't keep switching around. Consistent high quality work not only involves skill at detailing but familiarity with the products you are using. If you keep switching you will never get the most out of the products you use.

buda

Reaction score
Auto magic

See that you are located in Dallas the home of Auto Wax Company marketers of the Auto Magic line of detailing chemicals and holder of the US patent on clay bars.

The Auto Magic brand is one of the "Big Three" in detail chemicals which includes: Auto Magic; Car Brite and Pro Products.

I doubt if you will be able to purchase from Auto Magic as a distributor since they most likely have a distributor in Texas and/or the Dallas area already.

What you need to do is find a smaller chemical company whose products you can represent.

Auto Magic and the others all make good chemicals and they are not particularly high priced in that they are competitive with other like chemical companies.

The smaller, bath-tub chemical companies probably have lower prices, but you do get what you pay for with chemicals.

Regards
Bud Abraham
DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Auto Magic used to sell direct in the Dallas market but I am not sure if they still do.

Reaction score
They do sell, but that offer Private Labeling. So, I wouldn't be selling Auto Magic Labeled Products, instead, it's their product with my label: Brand name, design, color schematic, etc... Thanks for all the input again!