What's new

injector question

gearhead

Reaction score
i am having some issues with chemical delivery. i have recently switched chemicals and now i am using too much even with the smallest tip installed. i have S.S. injectors and they are about 1 1/2 years old.(as old as the wash is) ive had to replace o rings at the check ball seat in a couple. i asked a couple of wash techs if a injector that has been eaten away can pull too much chemical. i got a yes and a no answer. if i understand the way they work, it is like a venturi effect that pulls the chemical through the metering tips. and if the venturi part of the injector is made larger,i my mind it should pull less due to less of a venturi effect. if i am missing something here, id love to hear about it. id rather not replace all the injectors to find i have the same issue. Thanks, rookie owner in Ohio.

MEP001

Reaction score
Brass injectors do wear over time. If the chemical is controlled by a replaceable plastic tip, there shouldn't be a problem with erosion, and even if there was it's a simple and inexpensive matter to replace those.

mac

Reaction score
If the metering hole in the tip becomes enlarged, it will pull more chemical. If the venturi itself becomes enlarged, it will pull less.

whitescout

Banned
Reaction score
Has the pressure from the pump remained the same???

Has the amount of restriction in the hoses or tips changed???

Did you change the location (height) of the soap barrel/bucket????

These are things that could effect the amount of chemical drawn.