What's new

In bay bill acceptors

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Do any of you have the side door on your Mars Bill Acceptors that you have in your bays or bill changers? Are they nicer than the top doors for getting at your bills? I only have experience with the top doors.

MEP001

Reaction score
We have Mars acceptors in the changer with the larger "side door" stacker - it's not any easier to remove the bills. I have no problem grasping the stack of bills at the top door of the stacker and pulling them out. I have a couple of times dropped most of the bills doing that with the changer because I can't get as good of a grip on them. Instead I have to remove the stacker and slide the bills out on a table.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Do any of you have the side door on your Mars Bill Acceptors that you have in your bays or bill changers? Are they nicer than the top doors for getting at your bills? I only have experience with the top doors.
Mike, what is that "top door" you speak of? Is it that spring loaded plastic thing that you remove and throw away the first day you get the validators?

Seriously, take a pair of side cutters and cut that chrome looking hinge pin that attatches that door. Slide out both pieces and throw the door away. This will also work with the side door version, but it's still about as easy to remove the box. I think a "top door" box with the door removed is nicer for removing bills than the side door.

Reds

Reaction score
I have both kinds but I have spare magazines. I swap the full magazine for an mt one and then I can remove the money in my equipment room where no one can see me. But I do find the side doors to be difficult to mt when they are full.

Charles Ho

Multi-Site Operator
Reaction score
Bill Acceptor Magazines

On Mars: the top door is found on 300 bills magazines. 500, 700, and 1000 bills magazines have side doors. It doesn't hurt to remove the top door if you can assure no water/heavy moisture comes from the top. Removal of the side doors may affect the magazine's ability to properly position the bills. Keep in mind, you are exposing expensive electronics to the elements when you remove these doors. I had not removed a door out of the 24 Mars I have. I have had Mars since 1996.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
On the one bill box that I removed the side door it has had no effect on the stacking of the money. I thought it would make it easier to remove the money, but it was still a pain and I remove the box anyway so I didn't remove any more of my side doors. I'm not sure what electronics are exposed with the removal of the doors. It seems that it exposes the only area that doesn't have any electronics, just the spring that holds the money flat.

Charles Ho

Multi-Site Operator
Reaction score
Bill Acceptors

With the side/top door removed you can see the black stacking mechanism. Underneath the mechanish is the motor for the stacking mechanism plus unprotected path to electronics.

wisheewashee

Reaction score
Increased income?

Reading all you folks who have bill acceptors in your SS Bays. Any of you had just coin then switched to bill acceptors? What kind of increase in business did you see or not?

Charles Ho

Multi-Site Operator
Reaction score
Bill Acceptor in SS Bay

some upgrades are motivated by better customer experience more than revenue. Minimum spending per bill is $1 vs coin @ $0.25! Customers no longer have to walk across several bays to get coins. Less dead time because customerhas to get change.