What's new

In-Bay Air Dryers

madscientist

Reaction score
Can anyone give a head to head comparison of the systems that are out there? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
I tried the blasto dry and the other one that is made, the blasto dry did a much better job, the other one out there just seemed to flaten the water out and not dry as well. And yes i am a distributor for blasto dry but i did try both before i came to my descion to sell the blasto dry unit.

Eric H

Reaction score
I typed a loooong reply that didn't take, so here goes again.

I have a Air Shammee that i have retrofitted the Blast-O-Dry nozzles on. I prefer the Blast-O-Dry nozzle but I think that because the air comes out from a long thin slit (vs the 1" round hole on the Blast-O-Dry) that it feels less powerful to the customer. I think I am going to put the Air Shammee nozzle on the other dryers that I am going to make myself using some ideas from both systems and some of my own ideas.

I have my dryers in the attic so I thought the Air Shammee would be a better fit for me. My next version will have the motors in the equipment room with the mounting built out of MDF or PT plywood. If the customer cannot see them I don't need to spend the money on Stainless.

bigleo48

Reaction score
I have the air-shammee system. I disagree that this system flattens the water. This is only the case if the car did not have a drying agent ot CC Protectantant applied first. I think the blast-o nozzle would make it harder and would be less effective on motorcycles, rims, etc. Their video also shows it in use at easy to reach places. I would like to see someone with a full size car or truck try to dry the middle of the hood or top with that long thin nozzle. BTW...I have no connection with air-shamee.

BigLeo

Reaction score
I was just giving my opinion on what i liked and what i have used. I just wanted to disclose i was a distributor for blasto dry but i had tried both. You no what they say opinions are like $$$holes every one has one lol

madscientist

Reaction score
Thank you all for your input. It's good to hear from people who have used these systems. It's hard to make a decision without having seen either in person. Of course, I still don't know which to go with. Maybe half the bays with one and half with the other?

phred113

Reaction score
I was impressed by the D/H unit I saw. It had a round nozzle, but it really blew the water away.

MEP001

Reaction score
madscientist said:
Maybe half the bays with one and half with the other?
That sounds like a good idea - you can let your customers decide which they prefer. You may even have people gravitate to bays that have the nozzles they prefer and end up maintaining both. We have lots of customers that have their "favorite bay," even though I go to a lot of effort to keep everything as close to the same as possible.

Doug P.

Reaction score
I don't have head to head experience but I have Air Shammees at three locations. I have been pleased overall and they do get some usage. From what I have read on the forum I would try to go with a 360 boom next time.

Doug P.