What's new

Improvement or gimmick?

Etowah

washnshine

Reaction score
Do you think this has some merit for improving wash quality or not? I remember back in the 90’s Belanger came out with waves and fins, which was similar to this but I didn’t try it at the time. I can see how it might work into some recessed areas a little better than traditional patterns. Any ideas?

washnshine

Reaction score
Is there a supplier for this in the United States?
Any idea of cost?
Hanna advertises it as a “shimmy brush”. Pretty much the same principle from what I can see.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I think Favagrossa makes cloth for Hanna. If it didn't cost much extra I'd sure try it. Any change in the angle or even subtle motion changes could potentially help cleaning.

OurTown

Reaction score
I like the concept and can imagine that it cleans certain areas better but I have to wonder if there would be more damage claims.

Etowah

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
I think Favagrossa makes cloth for Hanna. If it didn't cost much extra I'd sure try it. Any change in the angle or even subtle motion changes could potentially help cleaning.
I like the concept and can imagine that it cleans certain areas better but I have to wonder if there would be more damage claims.
I agree

MEP001

Reaction score
It doesn't seem like anything more than a visual gimmick to me. The brush isn't moving side to side, it looks like nothing more than the colors put together to look like it is, unless the two colors are different material in which case wouldn't it just leave streaks of more clean/less clean areas?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
It doesn't seem like anything more than a visual gimmick to me.
I disagree. I'm guessing the hub is not 90 degrees to whatever holds the media, which would cause the side to side action of the brush media. The distance between the gantry and the end of the brush obviously changes as the assembly rotates.

I like it. Whether it is better or not, who's to say. My three brush Mark VII put out a very clean car. It didn't leave the dirty area that I read about here, that Ryko's five brush machine leaves.

washnshine

Reaction score
It doesn't seem like anything more than a visual gimmick to me. The brush isn't moving side to side, it looks like nothing more than the colors put together to look like it is, unless the two colors are different material in which case wouldn't it just leave streaks of more clean/less clean areas?
Right - the brush is not moving side to side, but the material moves side to side because of the pattern in which it is attached to the brush. - if you want visual appeal too, stripe the brush color. If you don’t care, leave it one color. I don’t see it leaving parts of the car dirty, as the whole surface is covered. Best way to see this is to look out a window on one spot and see the coverage. It overlaps itself with the oscillating motion. I can’t see that it would decrease cleaning at all - only that it can be more thorough.

I’ll post pics if I try this out. Will need some new cloth this summer.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
IMO in a Tunnel 90% + of the cleaning comes from the cloth contacting the vehicle as it moves forward. The rotation simply helps throw off any dirt once it's removed.