What's new

Image enhancing Software?

Roz

Reaction score
Anyone know of some solid image enhancing software? Had an incident today caught on camera and the image when we zoom in on the plate or the business name on the back of the truck is not sharp enough to read definitely.
They powered through a height bar restrictor to the IBA. Bar stopped them initially and then the jerk gunned it through. Amazingly he stayed for the entire wash as the arch seemed to come within a faction of an inch to the truck. Thx

Attachments

ShinePro

Reaction score
Hey Roz
I m no help on this incident
But - tell your camera guy to get you a plate reader camera for the exit
I have 2 cameras (of my 18) on entrance/exit.
One so I can see the restaurant/street and one that reads plates on the way out.
It sure comes in handy!!

Attachments

Roz

Reaction score
Yup. I am talking with a security firm I know via word of mouth about an upgrade to my system. LPR and higher resolution

The current system would probably have been fine if it was not for the daily shadows that made reading some of the details harder. No idea how a camera can compensate for that challenge but will find out.

rshiggaon

Reaction score
If you have the latest iPhone Pro Max, it may help. I have got better results on my iPhone in enhancing such images.

Randy

Reaction score
What's your resolution on the cameras? I don't have any problem getting plate numbers, I'm using cameras with 1080P resolution. camera. My cameras are about 15 years old and they are about at the end of there life. We get a lot of plate numbers, the police don't do anything with them.

edredtop

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Roz. It looks like ur using a ring camera and those are only 1080P resolution.
I've been using 4K cameras for about 5 years and they have been an incredibly useful tool.
At least 5 or 6 times we have had a "situation" occur, we file a report, they get caught, and 9 months to a year later we get a check in the mail from the district attorney for damages. The camera system has more than paid for itself in the time I've had it and am ready to upgrade again this year to a fresh system with audio capture. (I want to be able to listen in on their plans, if they are planning a return visit when casing, or where they are headed next or..?)

Roz

Reaction score
What's your resolution on the cameras? I don't have any problem getting plate numbers, I'm using cameras with 1080P resolution. camera. My cameras are about 15 years old and they are about at the end of there life. We get a lot of plate numbers, the police don't do anything with them.
I have 1080 on some primarily for equipment room monitoring but a few outside for very quick viewing, and mostly 4K Avetx. am viewing on my phone so hopefully when I view on the office computer I will see much better. Sun and shadows were a factor from a quick viewing. Will see.