What's new

I’m an embarrassment

Eric H

Reaction score
I try to be proactive with replacing wear items but this foam brush head is a little too far gone by anyone’s standard. 78BAE20E-B9E2-4AB8-9802-4E0A07F519D4.jpeg
To be serious, I think a customer used some wheel acid with the brush and destroyed it. I’m completely embarrassed that this was in use at one of my washes.

Bud's

Reaction score
When I see customers using the foam brush to sweep out their truck bed before they start washing it makes me want to leave the brushes like that a little longer, but it's not as entertaining as when they try doing it with a wobble head brush. The whole monkey with a football comment comes to mind!

Reactions: sjb

MEP001

Reaction score
I took this picture in June 2017. A year later he still hadn't replaced any of them. Three were worn this bad. I wouldn't be surprised if he still hasn't replaced them.

Worn brush.jpg

Seven bay SS, he might be grossing $2000 a month.

water guy

Reaction score
Usually the owner operators that are from across the pond .and call everyone Boss .Run Carwashs like That.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
you're spoiling them too much!!! if nylon is good enough for my detail shop it's good enough for my customers. plus i think nylon gets the car cleaner. true fact .

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I admit that hogs hair brushes may be slightly gentler on the car, but they just don't have the cleaning power of the nylon. You can't bear down as much and really scrub without the bristles flattening out.

And when the customers dry wash the car they get ruined fast.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I've always used Erie Hogs Hair. What are people liking as far as nylon goes? Maybe I'll try

New Washdog

Reaction score
I admit that hogs hair brushes may be slightly gentler on the car, but they just don't have the cleaning power of the nylon. You can't bear down as much and really scrub without the bristles flattening out.

And when the customers dry wash the car they get ruined fast.
I had several customer complaints about the hogs hair brush being to soft and not cleaning their cars. I tried a nylon brush and haven't had any complaints. So I'm with you on this.

MEP001

Reaction score
It really depends on the customers and what they're washing. Mine are washing work trucks and vans, many of them will scrub with the brush while another one uses high pressure, so the nice hogs hair is not just pointless, it's getting ruined. My nylon brushes last 2-3 years with this abuse, I've had hogs hair last at best 6 months at a nicer wash.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I'm sticking with hogs hair. Nicer wash in a nicer area. A $50 brush head every six Months is affordable. It's true they don't clean as well, Sometimes in the winter I will use a more aggressive cleaner (a foamy alkaline) as a FB soap.