What's new

I'm Always Tempted...

Red Baron

Reaction score
When a driver demonstrates a complete lack of control of their car, I'm always tempted to not go out of my way to have them come back. When a driver (who is not merely a beginner who just needs some more experience) can't follow simple instruction, drives past the tredle, backs up past the tredle, runs over the rails, spins the tires then urches the brakes, then repeats (as verified by my video), then leaves me a voicemail that they lost $9...I'm tempted to ignore them and have them not come back.

I never do ignore them, mind you, but it is tempting.

I did have one lady try repeatedly to get her Blazer in between the rails even with me guiding her in, and who had a total lack of control of her vehicle...I could envision all sorts of horrificly damaging scenarios if she came back when I wasn't there. So when she stuck her head out her window and asked "Are my tires too wide?" I said "Yep."

MEP001

Reaction score
The treadle of the Vector is designed like a conveyer's entrance rails with rollers that help guide the car in place. Nevertheless, people manage to force their car against and over them and miss the switch plate. I've even stood by someone's car many times trying to guide them on and watched them fight to turn the wheel against the treadle. I'll say "Let go of the wheel and it will guide you on," but as soon as the wheel straightens up like it should they'll grab it again and wrench it left again. They're only trying to get between two big blue poles, and they can't do that without trying to hit one.

briteauto

Reaction score
I saw a guy hit the arm of a Laserwash with a virtual treadle, while pulling in the bay.

Never underestimate!

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
I must agree with you Red Baron, no matter how dumb some people are it is always the wash fault.
I always give them the credit but there are times I would like to tell them to just kiss off.

JIMT

Reaction score
MEP001,
You described our automatic customers. DRIVE AND TURN LEFT.
JIMT