What's new

Idx message - out of service

SuperClean

Reaction score
I have the idx 800 and it was black when i came in so reset the bay and it came up with the message out of service and will not go off that message. I checked the wires and everrthing looks good it has power and all the fuses to the bay are good and it has power. Does any one know why this message comes up could the timer just be fried. Thanks for any help

bigleo48

Reaction score
Might want to call IDX, but when I've seen that, it was wired incorrectly...like 24V at the coin switch.

SuperClean

Reaction score
Thanks called them and the timer is fried it lost its memery but will not let me reprogram it so i guess its time for a new one

bigleo48

Reaction score
Thanks called them and the timer is fried it lost its memery but will not let me reprogram it so i guess its time for a new one
I think they can be repaired for much less than a new one.

MEP001

Reaction score
If you need one right away and don't have a spare they may have a repaired one they'll send to you and give you some money back when you send them your old one, like a core charge on a remanufactured car part. They do repair their products - I just got back two coin acceptors from them with repair bills of about 20% of a new one.