What's new

Ideas?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
D&S Foam Brush Boom - Basically a 1" pipe bent 90 degrees slips thru a sleeve mounted on the wall with collar welded on to keep it from sliding out. 3/8" wire braid hose with 1/4" male swivel end slides thru the pipe and connects to end of hose from trough with 1/4 Female Pipe end on bracket mounted to the wall, Find somehow hose got disconnected unscrewed from part mounted to the wall and not visible coming out top of boom. Hose needed replacement any way so I tried to pull it out of the boom - usually no big deal - STUCK somehow. Thought it was frozen so waited a day with temps above 40 - Still stuck. Put a vise grips on hose and tried to rotate it thinking that would break it free and just the hose twisted, Have now taken down boom. Hoping if I look into boom I will see male threads and be able to catch them with a length of pipe and yank out from the top. Can Only guess perhaps swivell broke and is wedged in somehow. Ideas short of cutting boom and welding back together?

MEP001

Reaction score
Can you run another hose along the top of the boom and zip-tie it in place?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Can you run another hose along the top of the boom and zip-tie it in place?
Perhaps - Looking for ides about getting darn thing unstuck that seems impossible to have gotten stuck in the first place.