What's new

IBA purchase...

mac

Reaction score
I stopped by their booth last year and asked about pricing. It is pricey. You can get oscillating top bars that profile the car for a lot less. And Shine Shed I have to disagree with you about sales people posting here. Believe it or not, there are honest good ones out there. I was one for 40 some years. Many times they offer a side to a discussion that you won't get from operators. And just because someone is an operator, that alone does not make him or her an expert. Usually if a salesman posts something here out of line, the regulars will spot it and call him out.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Im new to this car wash forum site but i dont think car wash equip salesman should be allowed leave this to the car wash owner/operators! I like unbiased opinions !
I don't mind, as long as they disclose who they are and don't pretend to be prospective purchasers or satisfied operators.

aloha

Reaction score
To the individuals (I.B. Washincars, tdlconceptsllc, etc...) compelled to make derogatory comments, assume I am a "greasy" sales rep or somehow affiliated with Petit Auto Wash, you would benefit from being a professional and adding value versus making embarrassing false claims. I am a retired executive that helped grow a small 19 store regional chain to a 625 store international leader over the course of 20 years. This was a result of work ethic, initiative, teamwork and integrity. I bought 4 brand new PDQ LaserWash 360 Plus units. Collectively, they are averaging over $25K-$30K per year for maintenance and repair. That is way too much. It would be helpful to hear suggestions from experienced operators like yourselves versus non-constructive falsehoods. There are new successful operators joining this industry everyday and we are passionate about teaching, learning and sharing. I have researched, traveled, observed and interacted with some amazing people that helped lead me to my conclusions about Petit Auto Wash. I hope my insights will help those that want to hear and possibly benefit from my investments and continued efforts. Further, actions speak louder than words. I just ordered multiple units for my next site because Petit Auto Wash produces a better product that last (Do your own research to learn the facts). When a mfg. like Petit is doing something right, customers like myself get excited, place orders and share their experiences.

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
I would urge you to re-read your last post from an outside perspective and see how it could read as a sales pitch.

You have not stated that you are not affiliated with Petit Auto Wash, you have only been defensive about the suggestion.

aloha

Reaction score
!!! I AM NOT AFFILIATED IN ANY WAY WITH PETIT AUTO WASH !!! I would urge you to read it from an objective point of view and not an assumptive perspective. It appears certain participants take a critical/defensive position versus a welcoming one to new members. I clearly state I bought four PDQs and shared my experience and reason why I pursued other options. It is not my position to have to explain my role beyond what was stated in my initial post. I have 5 sites planned by end of 2022. I was hoping this platform would be more of a collaborative one. I certainly hope this is not the type of engagement I and other new comers can expect. TalkCarWash on Face Book has been a completely different experience than my first one here. I hope I am wrong about this.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I don't see how my posts are derogatory. Assumptive, absolutely. Your first post looks like sales pitch and others felt the same way. I researched you with what little info I had available and didn't find a connection to Petit. My second post was in hope that you would come back and clarify. Carry on...

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Aloha, welcome to the forum. Us long term members (many of us have been here since the old forum started in the mid 90's) have seen the same thing over and over. A brand new member comes on and either asks a question or crows about how wonderful a particular machine is. Often, another (usually brand new) member chimes in and they start to have an discussion between themselves about how this new machine is a game changer. Often the second member is found out to be just a sock puppet. Then, they disappear. The posts in this thread fit this profile. So excuse our skepticism. Now that that's been clarified I can assure you we are all glad to hear input from an real owner of the machine.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Petit Auto Wash is the the lesser known, yet rapidly growing game changer in the touchless space. They are in a class above PDQ & Wash World based on comparative performance data. Some owners will undoubtedly prefer the legacy brands, but fact based performance clearly shows Petit as the emerging leader of both touchless IBA (360i) and high-end tunnel equipment (360t). Your due diligence process will likely lead you to the same non-emotion based conclusion. Equipment decisions are one of the most important and costly decisions you will make. We have a successful site and enjoy teaching, learning & sharing everyday. We have four fully accessorized PDQ LaserWash 360 Plus units (Each less than 3 years old). The maintenance and repair costs are on track to exceed $100K for the first four years. Check out Petit Auto Wash. Highly intelligent and highly committed team. Here is a video clip of 2 bays washing 593 cars and selling 28 monthly plans in one day without employees. https://youtu.be/2wNKkHBJKQI
Buddy you must be located up north like your profile “Edmonds” says I am assuming Ohio and that’s where Petit manufacturing is located so you have local support which is good for you. I don’t see any distributors in NC,SC,VA,TN lined up to become a distributor to sell these machines so that’s why I am so blinded to Washworld, PDQ,because when I need parts or service it’s there on the shelf or there coming to help me. I guess that’s why i am a diehard fan bc my local distributor has been doing this over 30 years and I know what works. I am sorry if I offended you as others has mentioned newbies come and go on this form for years and it sounded just like one that’s all. Take care & welcome to the form. Keep us informed on how the machine performs maybe I am missing something I have just never seen one in the wild

steve569

Reaction score
I am a Petit customer and I am very happy with their machine. We have 3 of their machines at our site that have been in service for 1 1/2 year and I would not hesitate to buy another one if I needed to. They as a company have been great to work with through the purchase, installation and afterwards. I have owned Washworlds in the past and they are a great company and have good machines but having owned both I would choose the Petit machine.
I am not affiliated with Petit other than being a customer.

aloha

Reaction score
To all that commented, I appreciate your replies. I am just an owner-operator who wants to share my experiences, learn and share knowledge within a community of like individuals. We are far from OH. From my understanding, the only Petit equip in our area is Costco. After a couple of years of equipment issues (that show no sign of slowing down), I set out to find the perfect machine that is right "for our business model". I spent countless hours studying, talking to owners, finding quality service providers and traveling to numerous sites throughout the country to observe equipment and evaluate results. I found our solution in Petit and ordered four machines. Soon, I will have my own daily account after construction and installation and trust I will get similar results to those current owners of the equipment. Thanks again for those that replied.

IMG_2074 copy.jpg

rhino

Reaction score
I am a Petit customer and I am very happy with their machine. We have 3 of their machines at our site that have been in service for 1 1/2 year and I would not hesitate to buy another one if I needed to. They as a company have been great to work with through the purchase, installation and afterwards. I have owned Washworlds in the past and they are a great company and have good machines but having owned both I would choose the Petit machine.
I am not affiliated with Petit other than being a customer.
Steve,
I see your in Olathe, we are in Topeka so not to far. Would you be willing to message me your wash address. Once all this Coronavirus stuff come to a head I would love to come out and look at your machines.
Thanks

steve569

Reaction score
What kind of wash times are you getting on your various packages?
Our least expensive wash that does not included a dryer is (Presoak, rinse, spot free) is right at 2 minutes.
Our most used package is double pre-soak, wash, wax or drying agent is injected during the rinse cycle, spot free, dryer. This takes 3 minutes including dryer.
Our most expensive wash adds triple foam and waterfall that dumps our total body protectant on the car plus it makes a pass after presoak with nothing happening just to give the pre-soak more dwell time Total time with dryer 5 minutes.
I could combine the triple foam and Waterfall into one pass and eliminate the dwell time and get our top wash down to 4 minutes but we are turning out a really nice car and hardly ever get a complaint so I would rather have a happy customer than save a minute.