What's new

IBA Membership experience data

Keno

Reaction score
We are going to start offering a free vac token with any auto wash purchase at one of our locations to compete with the tunnels. Testing one location first. No way I could see giving everyone free vacs, property would be trashed in no time.

OurTown

Reaction score
We are going to start offering vac credits for our Dencar club members when we reopen from our large remodel. I'm speculating free vacs for everyone would attract low value customers (and non customers) and we want the opposite.

traveler17

Reaction score
We are going to start offering a free vac token with any auto wash purchase at one of our locations to compete with the tunnels. Testing one location first. No way I could see giving everyone free vacs, property would be trashed in no time.
That’s my worry

Keno

Reaction score
Even if I had a full time attendant that cleans up all the extra trash from free vacs for all, I'm pretty sure that would bring back a lot of the riffraff we worked to get rid of when we took over our sited. Not looking to invite riffraff back!

Keno

Reaction score
Does Dencar or any other company allow for LPR matching on specific accounts only? Like known abusers must pass LPR to start the wash. That would be a nice feature to help prevent sharing of memberships without risking pissing off good members who might sometimes not pass LPR.

RSmith

Reaction score
We are going to start offering vac credits for our Dencar club members when we reopen from our large remodel. I'm speculating free vacs for everyone would attract low value customers (and non customers) and we want the opposite.
I am doing the same at my wash. Imo it is the sweet spot for vacs with IBAs. My issue is getting customers moved over to the new shared app to activate the vacs versus the wash specific app we used to have with them.

HeyVern

Reaction score
Does Dencar or any other company allow for LPR matching on specific accounts only? Like known abusers must pass LPR to start the wash. That would be a nice feature to help prevent sharing of memberships without risking pissing off good members who might sometimes not pass LPR.
No, Dencar reads the plate as they enter the bay after they have purchased the wash.

Zal

Reaction score
Don’t worry about them sharing the washes. The system will charge full wash price to the pass holder card on file. Believe me-they learn fast not to share their pass.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Don’t worry about them sharing the washes. The system will charge full wash price to the pass holder card on file. Believe me-they learn fast not to share their pass.
So it seems you like how Dencar does this? Is the stealing issue really that bad?
What are the Pros / Cons with Dencar?

Zal

Reaction score
The stealing is a major issue on other membership programs. If you don’t make them pay they will rob you blind. So without the LPR this would not work any better than an app based system. I have zero regrets buying Dencar. You must allow a few days testing to get it right. I don’t consider that a con but thats all I can think of. The testing is pretty much streamlined now - since they have worked with most of the major manufacturers now. I have been running 2-1/ 2 years with only minor issues. They have awesome support now so these are quickly resolved

HeyVern

Reaction score
So it seems you like how Dencar does this? Is the stealing issue really that bad?
What are the Pros / Cons with Dencar?
No, the way the system works, makes dealing with theft easy to deal with but, it is something you have to spend a few minutes a day dealing with. After the first couple of months people figure out they're not going to get away with cheating you and the attempts drop dramatically.