What's new

IBA Lights

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
One of these lights from Kleen-Rite gave me a bit of a surprise.

To my dismay, I showed up the wash earlier this evening to find that the lens had "fallen" off of the light. I grab the trusty 'ole ladder and find that all the clips that hold the lens in place have been completely corroded...I checked the other light and it appears to be in good order.

Since the light with the corroded clips is opposite the home position of my Razor, I am assuming that the pre-soak overspray is what caused them to corrode. Just an fyi for those of you that may be purchasing these lights for use in an IBA or somewhat mildly corrosive environment.

P.S. the lights do work great...this is the first issue I have had.

sparkey

Reaction score
I have the same lights from Kleen Rite with plastic clips. I found all of my clips broken with-in 8 months. I now use wire ties to hold the lenses on.

washme1

Reaction score
I have had the same problem with that light. I was thinking that it might be from vibration. The stainless water line comes through the wall near that fixture.

steve569

Reaction score
I bought these same fixtures from warehouse-lighting.com and when I called them they had stainless steel clips to replace the plastic ones.

sparkey

Reaction score
I contacted kleen rite about all the plastic clips breaking on my flourescent lights. They are sending me new stainless clips at no charge. Apparently they do not use the plastic clips any more.

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
I bought my lights from another supplier and they charged me $2 extra per light up front to put on all stainless steel clips. The supplier was not in the car wash industry but said that car wash chemicals would destroy the plastic clips in a matter of months.

Kind of surprising that Kleen Rite didn't know the plastic clips would be eaten immediately by car wash chemicals.