What's new

I wish cryptopay would make an hamilton ACW kit that actually fits without modifying everything.

sparkey

Reaction score
I have installed 2 of their cryptopay conversion kits on my ACW4 autotellers and ran into the exact same problem on both of them. First off the swiper mounts right where the token coin acceptor mounts on the back side and you have to chop the token coin acceptor bracket up to make it fit again. The token coin acceptor ends up on top of the swiper wires and screw heads.

The other issue is the stainless screws they send to mount the swiper are not long enough to reach through the ACW door and lexan. They send 1/2" screws and they need to be 3/4" screws. I Lalso just purchased the tap reader and guess what, same issue, screws are not long enough.

water guy

Reaction score
I just wish those 2 companies would work together on there products. seems like there's some controversy between the two.

MEP001

Reaction score
Hamilton hasn't made the ACW4 in over 20 years. They aren't likely to work with an outside company who makes a retrofit item for their outdated equipment.

You don't have to mount the Cryptopay swiper where they tell you. It will go anywhere on the door there's open space on the back to drill the holes.

sparkey

Reaction score
Hamilton hasn't made the ACW4 in over 20 years. They aren't likely to work with an outside company who makes a retrofit item for their outdated equipment.

You don't have to mount the Cryptopay swiper where they tell you. It will go anywhere on the door there's open space on the back to drill the holes.
Sure you can move it if you want 2 extra holes showing in your brand new faceplate and none of the instructions lining up with the swiper.