What's new

I started feeling like a carwash owner today.

MEP001

Reaction score
I'd only keep a Rowe if it had a Hamilton hopper and controller and a Mars validator. I've installed three of Etowah Valley's Genesis conversions which work great, but they leave the Rowe hoppers. Two that I've converted have worn out hoppers so they shut down often when they can't fill the order.

MEP001

Reaction score
Whatever you sell, it's gotta be better than a Rowe.

Randy

Reaction score
This is how I rate bill changers, I've been working on them for years. #1 Hamilton with Mars validators, #2 Standard with Mars validators. Once upon a time Rowe was a decent billl changer but now they are pretty much junk. I'm not going to comment on what I think of the rest of the bill changers. The biggest problem I see with bill hangers is they aren't maintained by the operator or they don't follow procedure and they work on the inside without turning off the power.

Magic Spray

Reaction score
I appreciate everyone's suggestions - we are researching and will be replacing. Thank you so much.

Magic Spray

Reaction score
This is how I rate bill changers, I've been working on them for years. #1 Hamilton with Mars validators, #2 Standard with Mars validators. Once upon a time Rowe was a decent billl changer but now they are pretty much junk. I'm not going to comment on what I think of the rest of the bill changers. The biggest problem I see with bill hangers is they aren't maintained by the operator or they don't follow procedure and they work on the inside without turning off the power.
We clean them practically everyday - we have changed wire harnesses and that seemed to stop alot of issues. But, they still get jammed and are annoying as anything. We definitely are guilty of not turning the power off - but, that will change now!

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I hate to potentially hex myself but the Hamiltons with MEI acceptors are tanks. I might clean the validator and hopper switches every six months or so.