What's new

I saw this on EBay what a crock of @#*&

DiamondWash

Reaction score

Red Baron

Reaction score
Poor guy! I recognize a dumb idea right away coz I've had a bunch of them myself. That's a dumb idea. I have thought about rigging up something similar for washing my RV in the shop, but it wouldn't be anything like that...never did it because I couldn't think of a way to make it not be more hassle than doing it the old fashion way.

MEP001

Reaction score
I can't help but wonder what makes a watertight seal at the bottom of the PVC frame - is it meant to be siliconed to the floor?

Won't the ceiling of your garage get wet when you turn the water on to the undercarriage pipe?

Jeff_L

Reaction score
That guy is going to revolutionize the car wash business!!! ;)

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
I think they should make a video of the guy that uses this for the first time and creates a mess or the guy's wife when she sees what happens.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
And where does the "captured" water go to from the vac when done? I know you would not lug that thing in to the bathroom and dump it down the stool or your tub.

MEP001

Reaction score
It would be a lot of water to pick up too. Just think, a garden sprayer runs at least 4 GPM, and I can't imagine washing and rinsing a car with less than five minutes of spraying, not counting the "undercarriage." There is a Shop Vac with a built-in sump so you can hose the picked-up water to a drain, but that's another $100.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
So do you leave this set up in your garage all the time? Since it keeps liquids from getting to other areas of the garage, can you convert it into a mud wrestling pit when you're not washing? :)

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
A- for a good idea.. F for what it really is.. 15-18yrs ago I seen some moron, using a leaf blower to dry the car. Now they sell blowers to mount on our walls! Another moron was using a windshield wiper blade to dry his car? I think they sell alot of those water blades too. I wonder if there is any useful idea there.

dclark3344

Reaction score
I see his approval rating is 75% and does not include any sales of this overpriced shower curtain. I would think his approval rating is headed south of 75% LOL Kind of reminds me of a guaranteed roach killer that my great uncle once purchased. I came as 2 blocks of wood and the instuctions stated place roach on bottom block, and smash with top block. It worked every time if the instructions were followed. LOL