What's new

I keep going through flojet pumps

bighead

Reaction score
deadhead the flojet, and if you can, have it below the level of the tank... i haven't had one fail in years, especially once i set them all up that way.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Bighead, what do you mean by the term deadhead? Is that referring to relieving air pressure off the pump when not in use?

In line moisture is a big enemy of flojets. Have a air compressor tank drain and a trap just before the pump for best results.

MEP001

Reaction score
Bighead, what do you mean by the term deadhead? Is that referring to relieving air pressure off the pump when not in use?
Deadhead is to have the pump pressurized all the time and letting the output solenoids control all the flow. I have few Flojet issues running them that way, but I doubt that will make the pump last longer. I just don't have control on the air to them because you need something kind of elaborate to relieve all the pressure from the pump, otherwise it sits there deadhead anyway if you just shut off the air supply to the pump.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Deadhead is to have the pump pressurized all the time and letting the output solenoids control all the flow. I have few Flojet issues running them that way, but I doubt that will make the pump last longer. I just don't have control on the air to them because you need something kind of elaborate to relieve all the pressure from the pump, otherwise it sits there deadhead anyway if you just shut off the air supply to the pump.

Thanks, that's what I thought the term meant. It seems to me that my experience has been the opposite. The pumps that are prone to stall have pressure on them continuously. The ones that are relieved between cycles seem to last longer. Seems like that inrush of air can "kick start" one.

MEP001

Reaction score
I have had stalled pumps start working again by unplugging the air line and plugging it back in. The attendant that was at mine before I got it would bash them with a pipe wrench.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
Every 3 or 4 weeks? I assume that means it's happened more than once... so without more info I'd guess it's over-pressured. Open one up and look for a hole in the diaphragm, should only take 2 or 3 minutes do to that.

Randy

Reaction score
I keep going through flojet pumps about every 3 or 4 weeks on my triple foam gun......what could be causing it?
Is this Triple Foam system a separate system from the High pressure system? In other words is it connected to the high pressure system?

Etowah