What's new

I intend to raise my self serve prices this year....

I intend to raise my self serve prices this year...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joann

Reaction score
I'm really thinking of going tokens. Too many people now using the change machine and driving off. Once I add undercarrige and and blow dryers and raise prices to $3.00 to start I probably will.
$3. for what amount of time? Self serve?

Joann

Reaction score
Thanks! I have been at 2min 30 sec. for $1.00. Between the Meth heads breaking in, destroying equipment and stealing electrical line it has been a struggle. Also, here in Houston, our soap prices have risen at least $20. 5 gallon bucket. Insurance has doubled, water doubled. We also have many mudders who hunt.

Joann

Reaction score
I already use tokens. People still break in thinking there will be money despite the NO MONEY KEPT OVERNIGHT signs etc. cameras everywhere.

Randy

Reaction score
I already use tokens. People still break in thinking there will be money despite the NO MONEY KEPT OVERNIGHT signs etc. cameras everywhere.
Do you take bills & quarters in the bays?

Nuphoenix

Reaction score
That is not effectively raising your price.
Yes and no. By raising the start price I will increase revenue by .50 per customer as a minimum start up cost and by switching to dollar tokens I will have the increased revenue from lost/unused tokens. The additional time will give some customers the chance to try out functions that they haven't ever used instead of rushing through with soap/brush/rinse.

Knight01

Reaction score
I just moved mine from a $2 start for 4 minutes to $2 start for 3:20. I had thought about just going to $3 for 4 minutes but was concerned I would lose the "rinse" only customers who don't do a full wash but this would make the mudders pay more to rinse off the heavy mud since they can't do it in that short amount of time.

Bill Capron

Reaction score
I’m at 19 seconds for 25 cents. I sell $1 tokens and use Cryptopay. It’s $1 start on coins and $3 minimum on CC.
I don’t think raising my price any more will increase revenue. I think I would lose as many price conscious customers as the higher price would gain in revenue. My margins are good, I’m at a increase volume point. I’m working with Clean, Bright and Working to increase sales. I want the customer to go away thinking “I’ll come back here!”

Bill Capron

Reaction score
I should have been clearer. I keeping my site Clean, Bright lighting and everything working so the customer has a better than expected experience.

Toms PTcarwash

Reaction score
I haven't raised my prices in several years. Over the last couple years my taxes, insurance, water, sewer, electricity and everything else continue to rise.
Today I went from 2.50 /4 minutes to 2.75/4 minutes. I need to go to 3.00/4 minutes, but didn't want to give sticker shock, so I will jump it again in march.
For those thinking of keeping the start price and dropping time, I tried that in the past and received a lot of complaints. I moved the start $ up and went back to 4 minutes and the complaints stopped, even though it was the same price per $. Go figure?

MudMoney

Reaction score
My 2 cents on reducing time vs raising prices. Customers pace themselves on washing their cars and really pissing them off when their routine is disrupted . So suck it up raise your prices and feel better that your getting a fair return for the investment of time,money and risk.Merry Christmas

MEP001

Reaction score
I may raise my startup price, but I won't lower the time per coin. I tried to about a year ago, and a LOT of people were upset.