What's new

Hydrominder ULD?

MEP001

Reaction score
FWIW I've made my own "ultra lean" setup and have never had a problem with tip clogging, which is usually caused by the chemical.

Mr.Turtle

Reaction score
FWIW I've made my own "ultra lean" setup and have never had a problem with tip clogging, which is usually caused by the chemical.
if you don’t mind can you describe what you did? I’m in the process of bringing my chemical set up back up to speed because it’s a hot mess right now.

MEP001

Reaction score
It's just two suction stubs with tips in them on a tee. One of them pulls from the tank where it's already mixed, the other draws from the concentrate. It's important that the tip for the concentrate is in the stub closer to the eductor, and it's a good idea to have a strainer on the end of the hose pulling from the tank. The only downside is that you have to figure out your dilution by trial and error. I strongly recommend threaded plastic fittings unless you're using a pH neutral chemical.

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
It's just two suction stubs with tips in them on a tee. One of them pulls from the tank where it's already mixed, the other draws from the concentrate. It's important that the tip for the concentrate is in the stub closer to the eductor, and it's a good idea to have a strainer on the end of the hose pulling from the tank. The only downside is that you have to figure out your dilution by trial and error. I strongly recommend threaded plastic fittings unless you're using a pH neutral chemical.
Mep, I think I saw in a post from a good while back, that you recommended not using a foot valve on the line pulling from the tank, as it would affect the dilution of the product? I would agree with using a strainer on the hose.

MEP001

Reaction score
I didn't use one because I felt like the restriction might affect the dilution, but I wasn't using any recommended tip sizes anyway so it probably doesn't matter, plus the screen in the foot valve would trap particles that might plug the tip. I haven't ever had an issue either way, but I haven't done a dual tip setup on a tank without a lid.