What's new

Hydrominder... help

randall

Reaction score
I looked in my soap tank and noticed the water level was way too high(the float was floating) anyway i bought a new valve kit for it. To me the problem seemed simple,(it must be sticking) Replaced it, and today the soap tank was doing the same thing. What else do i need to do to stop this problem..

dclark3344

Reaction score
What parts did you replace? I have had bad magnets and the valve would not shut off. That was 5 years ago and they had a bunch of bad ones out there. Also make sure the float holding wire is not hanging up on anything. Also the float could be leaking and will continually get worse until it does not float at all.

MEP001

Reaction score
You may have a bad check valve at a pump. Usually there is one to prevent the rinse water at city pressure from reversing through the soap solenoids and overfilling the tank. Make sure there's something actually coming out of the Hydrominder before you waste a bunch of time trying to figure out if there's even a problem with it.

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
Like Mep said, you may have a bad checkvalve or I have also seen some equipment manufactures install the soap & wax solenoids backwards to act as a checkvalve when the rinse or weep system is on. Depending on how your system is plumbed, you may have a soap solenoid stuck open.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I am also guessing the Float is bad. Take it out, look at it and tilt side to side. See if it has liquid in it. This means the Float does not "Float" as high as it should and keeps pulling on the chain. If this is it, repalce the float.

Please report back.

MEP001

Reaction score
Earl Weiss said:
I am also guessing the Float is bad.
Remember he said the float is floating - if it gets full of water it just sinks.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Yes and no. If it gets some water in it, it will sink a little further than normal. Low enough to pull the chain, but with part of the top of the float still above water. That's why it can fool you. Guess how I know?

There was a poster (On another forum I think) who had the same or similar problem, and this was the cause.

washme1

Reaction score
I had that problem recently and found a small crack in the housing of the hydrominder valve.

randall

Reaction score
thanks, i appreciate all your help. Here's what i did today-I tried each bay with soap and rinse and this is what i found. bay #5 no soap, took solenoid apart found no debris in it-could that be the(3/4inch) check valve under the pump or the (3/8 inch) check valve on the left side of the pump, which has the wax and soap tee'd to it. Also i found bay #4, when using the soap function the water level in the rinse tank goes down(is that normal) and when using the rinse function the rinse tank fills up until it goes out of the over flow hole(not normal) Does that sound like the 3/4 inch check valve under the pump. Oh, by the way my 30 gallon bock hot water tank just started leaking from the top seam. I can pick one up at hydro temp,does anyone know who can install it- My wash is in the dallas area. Thanks..Must be my lucky day today

MEP001

Reaction score
First, just to get things straight, it's not really a rinse tank. The tank is only for soap and wax, and that water shouldn't get used on the rinse function. Forget that it says "RINSE" on it, it's hot water. Rinse is supplied by city pressure.

"Bay #5 no soap" - does that mean water only, or nothing at all? Water only could be a solenoid problem, nothing at all would be the check valve. See if it has wax - if not, there may be a smaller check valve that's stuck closed.

Your bay 4 definitely has a bad check valve. Since rinse is fed at city pressure, it needs a check valve to keep the cold water from backing up into the hot water vat.

Any plumber should be able to change out your storage tank.